My 12 year old dying to go on a dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello, Keith Dunlap here.I will try to make this post as short as possible. I lived in Landover, MD till I was 16. I started digging and finding dumps at about 11 years of age. My family moved to OK in 1976 when I was 16 and though I tried here, there ended my bottle digging. I am now 52, and still have the FIRE for it and thru stories told to my kids, my youngest has a " bottle diggin jones' himself. He just turned 12 and his name is Noah. SO, to the point; we are taking a vacation to Beaumont, NC to arrive August 4th and we will be taking I-40 all the way there. So, we will be passing by Nashville, Lebenon, crossville, Knoxville, Newport, Ashville, Morgantown, Hickory, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Hillsbouro, Durham, Goldsboro, Smithville, Kinston, New Born, Havelock, Newport and all the points along I-40 I know not of!
My request is, if there is anyone along this route that has a diggin spot thay would be willing to share for a few hours with me and my son or (sons),I have 3, I would be very grateful for the chance and Noah would be MORE than grateful. Ofcourse I would be willing to pay for your time and knowledge of the spot. Preferably, the dump would be pre Blown in mold bottles, as my son(s) are a bit knowledgeable about it. I just want to give my son the experience and thrill of finding whole bottles and of-course the let-down of finding the bottom broke off a good one, you know, the hunt!
So, if you fit the bill, please contact me. It would be the week of July 30-August 3. Thanks for reading and your time.
Respectfully, Keith Dunlap

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2