My assorted Star bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Ken,...thanks for considering me...a milk would be cool...All these years collecting and I have but one to my name...(A local dairy) I found it in the attic of the drugstore dig, the day before they tore it down...[:D] I'd like to see a pic of yours if it's not too inconvienient for you... Thank you... J.B.

Jim,...it seems we may have a similar local blob, and it occurs in amber,..Penn Digger keeps threatening to give me one![:)]
I'll keep my eyes out for a star(k) jar for you in my travels. Cool bottles all around.

I'll trade ya a nice local amber star blob and "two tone" anchor flask for the other half of a certain local druggist?

PD

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
That quart flask is sweet! I couldn't fit them all in a house Joe! I couldn't even display all the ones I liked and kept in my old house... It was outta hand...

LoL,...Matt, you've always had great taste in bottles....I still remember that "Dr. Anders Iodine Water" that you had,...I've yet to dig a whole one....But someday hope to...Hey there's a thought...just bottles with suns, moons, or stars on them...it would be a cool collection for sure! My situation at this house is outa hand too,...our pad is an old smallish two story farmhouse, and EVERY room has bottles displayed, in boxes and even scattered on the dining room table, we have to move them to eat..plus the countless buckets and boxes of shards and unwashed bottles piling up in the workshop and utility room,...back porch etc....I need bottle rehab....(Naw,...too far gone for that!)[:D]

tigue710

Reaction score
I hear ya, I went through a forced cleansing when I moved from Connecticut... I had boxes of shards alone... My office and all the closets were stacked with boxes. The shed, my parents houses and my grandmothers... Of course most were just keepers for trade/sale... Then the ones I wanted... They filled the office, shelves through out the house with back lit floor to ceiling displays in the dinning room... The stoneware in the hall with the demi's... When I had to move it hit me! What am I going to do! I ended up giving away a truck load to a friend who wanted to rebury them for some teach kids to bottle dig project, sold off a few more truck loads, and then consolidated the best into a large dealer lot which I sold some off at shows and then unloaded the lot... Last minute I threw together a couple boxes of my favorites and I'm so glad I did... I was gonna go for a clean slate and start all over... Still there's quite a few I wish I still had now! On the other hand I bought a new used vehicle, and practically lived for a year on the proceeds... Which was what I had to do at the time... Rambled on a bit there...

I can't remember the iodine water, was it cobalt?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Tigue...is there a cobalt version too? I've heard Gunth mention that there's an emerald green one! (This is his pic by the way)[;)] The one you had up for sale was vr.similar to this one....you posted it up maybe '06 or '07?...It was displayed with a group of other bottles with gauze fabric behind them....I think it ended up going on ebay before your sale site was up?

98B430DD9A0D40B9B9E7E97A254C58E7.jpg

Attachments

• 98B430DD9A0D40B9B9E7E97A254C58E7.jpg
    98B430DD9A0D40B9B9E7E97A254C58E7.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 68

tigue710

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I was thinking something else entirely... Yup that went on eBay... I can't remember where I got it now... I think that had come out of a collection I bought... Or might have dug it... So many bottles... I had a cobalt iodine cylinder I had dug I was thing about. It had two little stars on it. That broken sun canning jar I dug was cool too...

KBbottles

Reaction score
Here it is Joe. It's the one in the middle (with the star). I have two of these that I dug last summer. Comes from New Brunswick NJ and dates to 1930. [:)]

CCA3678497CE41F7807164E572E99752.jpg

Attachments

• CCA3678497CE41F7807164E572E99752.jpg
    CCA3678497CE41F7807164E572E99752.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 59

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
I came home from a long work day and look what just happened to be in my mailbox...[:D] Super nice star blob from slag pile digger (Michael). Hey Michael,...A real big thanks to you for your generosity! It got here fast too...I can't wait to do a new pic with all these cool bottles....Again,...thanks so much. Very happy.[:)]

21A0E27EA79147CDA5C584CE61365E27.jpg

Attachments

• 21A0E27EA79147CDA5C584CE61365E27.jpg
    21A0E27EA79147CDA5C584CE61365E27.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 66

the ham man

Reaction score
I wonder why a mark like that would be on a brick. Anyway, very cool collection. I especially like the yellow flask. Joey

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski