My collection Flasherr

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dshaneb

Reaction score
That dragon bottle is really nice. You have a nice variety. I just received one of the Triple XXX bottles in a lot I bought. I have a Big Chief with ACL label that is a white only cut-out of the name and Indian chief. Let's see... the Big Chief is a 64. The Triple X bottle is either a 54 or 64 -- the first number is hard to see. It looks like yours, but it has "Makes Thirst a Joy" where yours has "Beverages" and it has "King Size" in yellow script on the front and back of the neck.

Nice bottles. When I get a digital camera, I'll have to post mine.

Shane

flasherr

Reaction score
I am limited on the space I have for displaying so those are jut some of my newest finds. I will continue to add bottles to this section as i get them i hope yall enjoy them
Brian

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi, just got back from my TX trip, passed through Big Spring TX to find out the Coke plant had just been cleaned out, owner practically gave everything away, still has a bunch of machines, anyway, found a few ACL bottles from Abilene, even some Barq's bottles with Abilene, TX embossed on them, couldn't believe I found those. I found a ton of Barq's stuff on my trip. I will post pics later.
Robert
barqs19

flasherr

Reaction score
Here is today's find a mission bottle. Mission was a soda but this was a strange find. I know it must be early because i saw a bottle cap one time that had mission on it with the sun and it went high. this is shaped more like a milk bottle. if anyone knows anything let me know
Brian

Qo40410.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40410.jpg
    Qo40410.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 86

flasherr

Reaction score
RE: My collection Flasherr- odd mission embossed

close up

Ki18617.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18617.jpg
    Ki18617.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 84

dshaneb

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it, but it looks really old and cool. Anything embossed on the base? It has a strange shape as well. Maybe Mission made other things besides soda at one time?

Shane

flasherr

Reaction score
I was finally able to figure out the patent number it was tough weak embossing. Pat no D98,396 bottle was patented Jan 28 1936. But was a general patent and not for specifically Mission

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Brian B. ,
First off ..... Great collection ! Thanks for sharing !
I never realized there were so many different ACL's and Sodas ! Until I attended the Asheville, N.C. Show friday . If you are ever in that area this time of year....you should attend. They had 100's upon 100's of ACL's and other sodas. And cardboard boxes full of the soda caps. Old porcelian and cardboard soda advertising signs , ect . I didn't know what I was looking for.....so I didn't buy any. I really didn't realize that so many people collected these types of bottles.
Brian S.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Brian S. -
Did you take any photos at that NC Show? I wanted to go, but couldn't make it.[:(] Any details or other, like size of place, how many attended, displays, etc.? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75