My collection Flasherr

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Meech ,
I didn't take any photos.....I didn't take my camera ! I wish I had now!
It's not a big show. I'd say 75 tables or so. I went Friday for a couple of hours. It's only about a 3 hr. drive one way for me.
There were several empty tables.....as some dealers weren't setting up till Saturday morning. Reggie Lynch ( site owner of www.antiquebottles.com ) was there , and I believe he said Ralph VanBroklin ( former FOHBC President) was setting up Sat. . That's about the only dealers that I knew at the Show.
I didn't find much in the line of Bitters. But the Show had lots of Charleston stuff , South Carolina Dispenseries , And North Carolina bottles. ACL's , Sodas , and Milks by the 100's.
The show has moved (if you have ever attended it before ) to a bigger facility at the Waynesville Fairgrounds.
Next Show I will NOT forget my camera. Brian

flasherr

Reaction score
I will be starting to get my bottles ready for the museum exhibit soon so ill be able to share more photos. When i start sorting and cleaning bottles i will find a lot of stuff i forgot i even have lol. i wish you had taken pictures i have never been to a bottle show
Brian B

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Brian S. - I haven't attended this show before. That's kinda why I asked, but I really did want to make this one. My wife is at a conference in DC for the weekend and I'm stuck at home[:(]. A lot of things are going on this weekend that I'm missing. This show was scheduled the same weekend as the Raleigh show (NC Fairgrounds) and because of this conflict, the Raleigh show was canceled. Raleigh is 3 hrs. from me one way. Asheville (Waynesboro, NC), I'm not sure, but I believe it's a lot more as far as miles. FOHBC site has it listed as Haywood County Fairgrounds.

Flasherr - Hi... Bottles shows seem to always have a wide variety of ACLs. I'm willing to bet that you could easily pick up some deals at some of these shows. Some things get overlooked and some shows, for example Baltimore, dealers have boxes below the tables loaded with ACLs and the likes. Many buyers don't even glance that way. Some of the better shows can be worth the drive. These days, it helps to take a friend to spark their interest and to help with that $2+ a gallon gas.[:D][:D][:D] Check out one soon - if you can!

flasherr

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some of my new additions to my collection. Hope yall enjoy.
I got lucky I picked that squatty 7 up bottle for $5 today, The lady said what's it worth she said I know you cant pay the value of the bottle so I told her what it would be in mint shape and she said WOW then she said think you can afford $5 for it. Needless to say it came home with me.

Ki18867.jpg

Attachments

• Ki18867.jpg
    Ki18867.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 86

flasherr

Reaction score
I almost passed this bottle up because I tend to be a bit thrifty at times. Something in my gut told me to buy it I picked it up and put it 3 times before it went to the register. When I got home I found out why I knew I should buy it. It is an early DR Pepper bottle. Well, the company distributed DR pepper in 1905. glad I listened to my gut on this one.
Brian

Mk27114.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27114.jpg
    Mk27114.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 85

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I've attended almost every Asheville show since the beginning...The club has has some ups and downs due to having to relocate several times, but Larry & Gay Glenn and the club members always manage to bounce back and re-establish their rep for having a good show. I missed this show...actually forgot all about it ,what with the IHRA Spring Nationals in town this weekend and the constant raining...[:mad:]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
oops forgot: Nice collection FLASHERR...You have several there that are evidently found only in your neck of the woods.[&:]

Rockfish

Reaction score
RE: Nice acl's Flasherr

Hey,
I am wondering about the Indian ACL, next to the "Pops" bottle. Can you post a pic of just it, or tell me who made it or where? Is the Indian embossed?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1