My Collection (looking for pricing info)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Most of us on the forum here don't consider as collectible anything that is new enough for us to have thrown away in our wayward youth. LOL!

If you hang onto them long enough though, they WILL be worth something. Despite the fact that they are still bottling "the rock", it isn't made in latrobe anymore, nor owned by the actual latrobe brewing company, which was sold a handful of years ago to one of the big conglomerates. Someday, those bottles will have value I bet...

Jim G

glass man

Reaction score
This is cool!Even got good ole LOBES in it...man I remember when I first started collecting..went to the huge 1915-30s dump and saw all those bottles left behind by diggers and thought one had to worth something!My thinking was some one might not know what they had dug[they all did!] Also since they were all the same age what difference did it make?[:D]

Loaded up the car with all the clear mustards,ketchups,etc. and so on and drag em home..man was my first wife happy![:-][8|][:mad:]

However back then I might see a lip sticking up reach down and pull up a decent 1915 or 1923 coke bottle!

YOU know it really got no better then at the 1st..junk bottles and all!I would stare for the longest time at my small bottle book from the 60s and just be so proud that the "HOODS" I had dug up was worth up to 5 bucks!

BUT...I did buy a "INDIAN FIG SYRUP " from a small GA. town for 3 dollars at a antique store..this was bout 75-76 or so..took it to a huge flea market in ATLANTA and carried it around with me just in case I found some one that could tell me about it...A man offered me 50 dollars for it!![:-] [not bad money for the time!]I turned him down and wandered round thinking bout it..I decided to go nuts and see if he would buy it for $100![about a week's wages at the factory job I had at the time]He didn't miss a beat and wrote me a check for it..It was a very rare GA. bottle and the person still has it..

I thought"this is so easy"..I am gonna get to quit my job and just sell bottles"!HA HA HA!!DREAM ON! BUT IT WAS A GREAT FEELING!One I have very very rarely ever had again..ah the good ole days!Yes the first ole #@^&:$$$$$$ lady was happy..for a dang change!Another very very rare feeling back then!!!![8D]JAMIE

carobran

Reaction score
MAN!!who would have thought that wheelah23..........who seems to post a new blob top every coupla weeks........... started out with those[8|][8|][8|]
ORIGINAL: glass man

This is cool!Even got good ole LOBES in it...man I remember when I first started collecting..went to the huge 1915-30s dump and saw all those bottles left behind by diggers and thought one had to worth something!My thinking was some one might not know what they had dug[they all did!] Also since they were all the same age what difference did it make?[:D]

Loaded up the car with all the clear mustards,ketchups,etc. and so on and drag em home..man was my first wife happy![:-][8|][:mad:]

However back then I might see a lip sticking up reach down and pull up a decent 1915 or 1923 coke bottle!

YOU know it really got no better then at the 1st..junk bottles and all!I would stare for the longest time at my small bottle book from the 60s and just be so proud that the "HOODS" I had

kwalker

Reaction score
We all have to start somewhere...I know I was pulling in stuff like this thinking I had a gold mine too. It's everyone's dream to have rookie's luck and most of the time it's the opposite [:)]

I still have my Rolling Rock NDNR around here somewhere. I don't think I have the heart to throw it out after it being my first one ever found!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, since you asked... [:D]

Most of my stuff is actually boxed away. I have my favorite stuff out on these "displays", if you can really call them that... [:D] I've got plenty of stuff downstairs on shelves, but most of it is so disorganized, I hardly consider it postable... As it is, I really need some shelves to display my locals better, as most of them are blocking each other. I feel bad for my bottles, who aren't even displayed properly...

This wooden box thing has only locals on it... You just can't see them... [:-]

07F77B5B6FD748939CE8DB593296208E.jpg

Attachments

• 07F77B5B6FD748939CE8DB593296208E.jpg
    07F77B5B6FD748939CE8DB593296208E.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 88

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I've still got the two Rolling Rock bottles... The big one was the bottle that started it all... That's pretty funny that you found the same bottle too, kwalker!

The blobs in the center are my favorites. They're the best ones I have from each of the towns I collect, minus Orange: Montclair, Glen Ridge, West Orange, and East Orange. I think there are blobs from South Orange and Bloomfield, but I can't be sure.

4F0EB7FE54134E1CA508AD7B01081ABE.jpg

Attachments

• 4F0EB7FE54134E1CA508AD7B01081ABE.jpg
    4F0EB7FE54134E1CA508AD7B01081ABE.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 82

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Looking good, Wheelie!! [:)]

Man, when I was 16, there was no internet.. I didn't know about bottle clubs or magazines or shows, all I had was my digging tools and a Kovel's price guide.. I thought I was the only shmuck in the world digging up the creek banks for bottles..[:D]

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

So you're saying not even the Wine bottle has any value? I know these are recent, but they're all I've found so far. [:mad:]

I guess I'll lock them in a box in my attic. Grrr...

Nothing like digging deeper eh Wheel! you are pulling out blobs now. Very impression I do say so myself!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese