My findings at Goodwill yesterday!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rcn72679

Reaction score
So I don't know if these are repro's, but I thought they were cool! Any & all info welcome as usual! I tried looking them up, but no luck yet!

This has embossment on the front & back. One is a profile pic & above it says "Courage". The other side is a ship. The bottom says "Federal Law Forbids Sale Re-Use Of This Bottle" & some other letters & numbers.
gw7.jpg

gw6.jpg

gw5.jpg

This one says "Mod. Dept. 250 ml" on the base with some other numbers & letters!
gw2.jpg

gw1.jpg

This one says "Since 1852" on the embossment with something raised in the middle that I can't make out. The base is funny too!
gw4.jpg

gw3.jpg

Of course I'll have to take the black marker writing off[:mad:]

Theresa L

Reaction score
I have a set like the 4th picture. They have oil and vinegar in them. Got them at a garage sale for 25cents. Woman told me that is what came in them.

rcn72679

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Theresa L

I have a set like the 4th picture. They have oil and vinegar in them. Got them at a garage sale for 25cents. Woman told me that is what came in them.

Interesting! Did she say how old?

Theresa L

Reaction score
Didn't ask, but there were price stickers on the bottom that had bar codes, so no older than the late 70's. I bought them for exactly what they are being used for. But I have also seen them with other liquids in them. Still they are a nice old look for decorative purposes. All your finds are nice.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Renee, your first pic is a liquor bottle that dates somewhere between 1932 and 1964 (give or take a year in either direction) I believe. This is when the "Federal Law Forbids" was on alcohol bottles, after prohibition. Have no clue about your 2nd bottle, but I'm sure it isn't all that old either just by the way it is made. Your third is a wine carafe, and this style is still made today. I hope this helps, Kelley

rcn72679

Reaction score
Well crap...LOL! Oh well! They're nice to look at! Thanks for the info! I have more to share, but I'll spare ya for now[;)]

JGUIS

Reaction score
I've got that last one, but I'm not sure what it is, or why it has a step on the base.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I may get corrected and that's fine. The first looks like an Ezra Brooks or other whiskey from the 60's.
The second you still might find in stores like supermarkets, Job Lot or Ocean state here, Your area may differ in markets. They were a flavored vinegar. The stick may be a piece of sage or something.
The third looks like one of the promo Seven Seasons salad dressing cruets or something similar. I have one somewhere with 4 packets of dressing mix. I think there was a wine in something like that too from the bi-centenial.
I just can't remember all the details.
The flask is most likely the oldest.

Lynette

Reaction score
Hi....just looking @ your goodwill bottles........and btw a great place to find some old bottles........

My bottle digging partner is an amazing teacher and he has taught me the following that I thought would be useful to pass on to you.....
1. anything with ML...which stands for milli-liters (metric here in Canada) is modern as metric started in the late 70's
2. if there are squiggly lines on the base like in your second pic (the one with ML on the bottom)....it is machine made....once again showing it is a recent bottle.

Hope that helps. [:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyGuy73