My First Bottle Hunt! (my story)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Crystal, great dig adventure. That is what its all about. Good luck to you and get back there if you can.

Aloha, Rocky

KBbottles

Reaction score
Congrats on the addiction! That poor soda :(. Who knows... There could definitely be more if it was someones favorite! I say keep digging. Get some good gloves and a small hand rake for starts. If ur nervous about any trouble I say bring a big bucket just for shards and fill as much as u can with bigger broken pieces as u go along. Get lots of practice feeling for whole ones. Once you get going, you'll really get the hang of it... Also to avoid cuts when scouting without a shovel/rake, find the thickest chunk of glass u can, preferably one that looks like a scoop and use that to scrape around with to avoid cuts.

Oh and when you're not digging, go out and scout any land that might have been occupied years ago. Try and locate a couple different sites. Talk to anyone you can that might help get you in the right direction. Even the antique desires or market vendors you buy from might be able to give clues. You just never know until you ask ;)

Best of luck!!

KB

madman

Reaction score
ahh yes thats how it begins, nice story, you might run into the other diggers and theyll know whats up with that place, and might tell ya where other spots are, looks toc 20s to me, id dig it!

swizzle

Reaction score
The blue jar is most likely a vicks vapo rub. Wear gloves and use a proper digger. I've used shards to dig with in the past when I've found dumps on hikes. Not a good idea. I've gotten a few slices that way. Swiz

CMPharmD

Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)
I'm not sure if I want to go back (scared I'll get the cops called on me), but maybe I'll come back in 2 weeks with my little garden rake and go at it.
I just discovered 6 bites on my leg this morning and what seems to be early arthritis in my digging hands... o_O
I decided to keep all but the clear bottles with screw tops. I just gave those away on craigslist for art parts...
Here's hoping next time I post it'll be with a whole bottle!

KBbottles

Reaction score
You may also just want to call the police station and ask if you can do some cleanup etc... as you saw a ton of scattered glass and garbage and see if they have any problem with it.

CMPharmD

Reaction score
Finally found time to go back to the site. I brought better gloves and a small hand rake this time and went over the ground with my boyfriend at 8am before people came around and wondered what in the world I was doing...

Got some bottles, nothing that great, most broken, but good enough for me!

A5D2BCBA57BC4DD8A0CD76385F952A96.jpg

Attachments

• A5D2BCBA57BC4DD8A0CD76385F952A96.jpg
    A5D2BCBA57BC4DD8A0CD76385F952A96.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 62

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: KBbottles

You may also just want to call the police station and ask if you can do some cleanup etc... as you saw a ton of scattered glass and garbage and see if they have any problem with it.  

She is not committing a murder KB shes digging old bottles.[8D]
Just keep doing it kid don't worry about the cops,im sure they have better things to do then stake out a new bottle digger looking for old glass[;)]

That is the way to think! if you LIKE IT AND HAVE FUN DOING IT,thats all that matter.Keep on Diggin!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26