My first ever bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

#1twin

Reaction score
Banton, Welcome to the forum and a great hobby. If you picked up that kind of stuff on the surface, there is no telling what better things are under the ground. And since they were on the surface, the better bottles should not be very deep. Good luck and show us what you dig up. Thanks, Marvin "the mole"

banton

Reaction score
Im going back there tomorrow (Tuesday), its only a 15 minute walk from my house, I'll finish skimming the surface first, its littered with whole and part bottles like the ones in the pics. From the pics, can anyone tell me what date it looks like this dump was in use? More pics tomorrow!
Thanks for the warm welcome!

banton

Reaction score
What sort of date would the blob top be from? Thanks.

capsoda

Reaction score
The blob bottles like that are alot more common up north than here and not something that I know alot about but if it is not pontiled myt guess would be1860s to 1870s.

I'm sure someone will come along who can help you beter than I can with that one. A close up of the top and bottom would help.

Since those are surface finds you really need to go back with a shovel and some hand scratchers and spades and dig dig dig.

banton

Reaction score
Capsoda, I have cleaned that soda bottle up a bit better, no writing on the surface, or the base.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles