My first-ever finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lucine

Reaction score
and second and third. New home construction on my street - I've gone to the site three or four times. Not built until around 1910, so nothing old, and lots of broken stuff, but I'm hooked anyway. Here are the whole and mostly whole pieces:

8E2E5699D7CA444D90BCDCC13875AA94.gif

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• 8E2E5699D7CA444D90BCDCC13875AA94.gif
    8E2E5699D7CA444D90BCDCC13875AA94.gif
    76.7 KB · Views: 80

wvhillbilly

Reaction score
lookin good [8D]

Dont know for sure but Id hang onto the green and blue ones I hear there worth more....well id probably keep em all lol

lucine

Reaction score
thanks. yeah, I love the blue ones - even if they're not worth anything. The green one is much newer - like a modern beer bottle, but I liked the shape. I can't imagine what i'd be like if I found some really old ones - I'm already totally addicted.

capsoda

Reaction score
Nice finds Lara. Many times you will find hold over bottles {older} in a later dump. Looks like you got a good start.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby that is really a sickness.LoL

lucine

Reaction score
Thanks. I went back again this evening. They're moving pretty quickly now - glad I went when I did, soon it'll be all buried again[:(]

Unidumper

Reaction score
Nice start! In an earlier thread you said "... even if they aren't worth anything", the value or worth lies in how you feel about the bottle, if others are impressed that's a bonus. Just what is it that attracts us to this hobby? is it the feel of the smooth yet crude surfaces? Is it the colors or shapes? Is it the words embossed on the cures and pharmacy bottles that still offer hope for those looking for some kind of peace? Or maybe it's just a way to connect with a past that we can't otherwise be a part of. Or maybe it's the thrill of discovery, the treasure hunt that keeps us doing what we do. For me, it must be a little of all these things. This is a lifelong obsession( Yes Cap, a sickness) with the fragile beauty and grace of glass used by the common people living common lives. This forum is full of people willing to share their knowledge and opinions to help you enjoy your newfound hobby. Welcome.

Steve

Unidumper

Reaction score
Cap,
I'm sure I speak for many people on this forum when I say your words are full of wisdom and when you share them with us your knowledge is a gift to all.

Steve

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl