My first ever privy dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gromit0299

Reaction score
I was lucky to be invited by Alan, for my first ever privy dig (see the sweet pics here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Alan%27s-Pre-Christmas-Dig-Party/m-476662/tm.htm. I was too busy digging and learning to take very many pictures). It was a lot different than I thought. A lot of digging (not the slightest bit different than I thought) A lot of swearing (since I stay home with my kids, my truck driver mouth is a tad rusty, so it was a nice surprise to hear the f-bomb being dropped every six seconds. I have NO shame in the fact that I am a girl with a pretty foul mouth when my children aren't present. I'm classy, what can I say?), less bottles than I thought (this is the nature of digging. Sometimes you get a honey hole, and other times you get nothing. It's like you do a lot of "waiting" to find bottles).

I was bummed that I had to jet early (my husband had martial arts - one inch punch FOR THE WIN) and miss out on the rest of the digging, but it's definitely something I really liked doing. I can see the hard work making the rare gem worth it. And even though my thumb is somewhat greenish-brown, I still love digging in the dirt.

I'll miss someone, because remembering everyone's handle is pretty hard, but it couldn't have been a nice group of people.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

carobran

Reaction score
I havent done any digging,theres just something about being 10 feet down in a hole that doesnt appeal to me[:eek:][&:].......Lord knows it would be scary with RICKJJ at the top[:eek:][:eek:][8|][;)]

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
10 feet is like a cake walk.. it gets dark like night down at 30 feet when you look up it's like the telescope effect..
ORIGINAL: carobran

I havent done any digging,theres just something about being 10 feet down in a hole that doesnt appeal to me[:eek:][&:].......Lord knows it would be scary with RICKJJ at the top[:eek:][:eek:][8|][;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Alan%27s-Pre-Christmas-Dig-Party/m-476662/tm.htm

wallace+and+gromit+stamp1.jpg

carobran

Reaction score
You aint getting me down any lower the 6 or 7 feet,i have a severe case of claustorphobia[:eek:].........youve really dug down to 30 feet?

Gromit0299

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Eh, sh!t. https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Alan27s-Pre-Christmas-Dig-Party/m-476662/tm.htm It threw a random % sign in there on me. Stupid internets.

Gromit0299

Reaction score
I wasn't lucky enough to get in the hole. I helped with other things, and did a lot of learning and asking questions. I do have some claustrophobia, but it tends to be when I'm in overly crowded places. I'd rather dig a bottle, than buy it online any day of the week. There's a huge pride from saying that you found that. I can see buying a rare one that you've never found, to finish a collection, but after digging a privy, there's obviously no comparison. It was awesome. Then again, I like the efforts of hard work.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL