My first pontil & more

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glassgopher721

Reaction score
Dug a couple of dumps on Sunday. One which I've been digging for a while, and a new one on the bank of a river. I found one really cool bottle at the first dump, and lots of really nice stuff at the second. When you click on my link you can go side to side to view the shard pictures. If you own, or know anything about the shards you see in the pictures, please share with me. If you know the value of the bottles too, that would be nice. The Claire Fontaine is the only neat bottle I pulled from the first dump, and the rest were pulled from the river bank dump. Sooooo excited to have found my first really old glass dump. I can't wait to go back there and tear it up.

http://s561.photobucket.com/user/BassTurdNH/media/River%20Dump/001_zps67fc11b5.jpg.html?filters[user]=87803411&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

glassgopher721

Reaction score
Don't know if the first link to pictures worked. I'll try again just in case you can't view them.

http://s561.photobucket.com/user/BassTurdNH/media/River%20Dump/001_zps67fc11b5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Plumbata

Reaction score
Ohhh man, great job on finding a dump with such old glass, that looks awesome!! Were the older pieces in a deeper layer that you found? What do you think is going on in the dump? Anyway, that is some tantalizing potential, I hope you pull the amazing technicolor dream flask outta there! [:D]

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
Looks like your in to some nice early snuff. The one close up picture looked to be a basket weave cologne.

tigue710

Reaction score
looks like your into a good ol new England farm dump there, good luck, stay close to the foundations and buildings... The barn yard stone wall...

glassgopher721

Reaction score
The dump is right on a river bank, only about 12'' deep from the surface. I think I'm going to buy a scuba mask so I can check out the bottom of the river. There were shards just off the bank before the water dropped off. Found a broken Hood's Sarsparilla, and a G.U. Tea company bottle in the water. I'll be going back soon, so stay tuned.

glassgopher721

Reaction score
Went back today with my cousin. We did not find too much, but a lot of nice shards. I added more pictures. Click on the link and use the arrows on the right or left of pictures to view others. If you have any info or any of this stuff, please educate me.

http://s561.photobucket.com/user/BassTurdNH/media/River%20Dump/002_zps5eec18de.jpg.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem