My first post Saturday's dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
First off hello everyone it is nice to meet you all. My father and I have just gotten back into bottle digging again recently, and we have started going back to the same dump I dug in when I was a child. These are the things we dug up this weekend.
middle row left to right: casket shape flask, yacht club slad dressing, amber flask, ed pinaud perfume #1, scott's emulsions, dr. kings new discovery, pepto-mangude, embossed food jar, ed pinaud #2 different style, green soda unembossed soda.

Front row: aqua carters ink, cobalt carters ink, catarrah snuff, amber carters ink

Back row: American wine company heavily embossed bottle, random wine bottle

We also found about 30 common cork tops. No embossment. !5 marbles and I found what I belive to be a jar top. It is of a victorian woman with flowers in her hair. All the outlines are outlined in real gold.

It was a good day at the dump. One of the guys with us found an amber 4 sided poison too.

Ig12902.jpg

Attachments

• Ig12902.jpg
    Ig12902.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 47

texasdigger

Reaction score
I cannot get it to upload so you can see it on the screen sorry. IT was a beautiful day about 78 degrees, and we all had a wonderful time. I feel for you guys up north digging in the cold, but if I was living up there I would be right out in it with you.

Attachments

• Jh14962.jpg
    Jh14962.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 56

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Brad, Welcome to the Antique-bottle Forum. Nice finds you got there. The plate looks real familiar but I can't quite place it. If I do remember the what and where of it I'll sure let you know.

Glad to here you and your dad dig together.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Texasdigger...

Hi Brad and let me be the "second" to welcome you the forum...[&:] (Thanks Warren) You're gonna meet all kinds of people here and we all have one thing in common... the love of the glass.

There are people on the forum that can spout off the dates, shapes, sizes, uses, contents, countries of origins of bottles off the top of their heads. I am constantly amazed at the information some of these people can retain (some have a lot of time on their hands). And then they can tell you the date, depth, time, season, who they were digging with, what kind of car they had, who they were dating when they dug the bottle!!!
Anyway, there is a ton of information here and a lot of us get a chuckle out of pokin fun at eachother sometimes.

So there you have it, in a nutshell...[:D] Dig a lot, take lots of pictures, post them on the forum and stand back... watch the responses and realize that there are hundreds of us out there doing the same thing... digging, diving, cleaning, collecting and appreciating the "Glass"...

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

I see you beat me to the punch!!! Now I have to go back and edit my post to say... let me be the "second" to welcome you to the bottle forum! Don't you ever go to sleep??

Wayne

texasdigger

Reaction score
I appreciate any knew info. I can get on bottle digging, and it is always nice to meet new people. I have lurked around here for a while, and tonight the decision was made to get in the game. We are lucky to have the place that we do to dig in Texas. From the posts on this website it seems that there is not alot of digging going on here.
The place I am digging now is about 10 acres of trash. It is supposed to be on of the oldest dumps in the Dallas area. All the treasures found so far have been in the 1900-1920 era. I have a suspision that there is pockets of older trash though. Eventually I will find them all it will take is alot of probing and digging. To all you guys up north this is pretty new trash, but we just don't have history here to have a whole lot of old trash.

Brad

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Brad, The oldest part of the dump is usually the hardest to get to and under to newer stuff. There are still a lot of really nice bottles to find made after the turn of the century.

That other guy, Wayne, You been talking to is a real fine fella but he's prone to pickin on you. Now I on the other hand would never do that.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Hey Wayne, Gotcha.[sm=lol.gif]

madman

Reaction score
hey texas digger, nice finds, thanks for sharing! i dig in a similar dump, that old stuff is dang hard to get to, but its there waiting for you!!!!! best of luck mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie