My Life, A Dickens Novel...No, A Dodge Truck Commercial or Chapter Two

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sillEgUHGC4

Ya gotta watch the video above to get what I mean. I've done about all that's mentioned above. Not as much as I/we [ we being my Mamma, my Daddy & my brothers Roger and Tim] used to, but I still do it.

Remember what I said about things happening to me?

Any way my day started off early..................rain was coming in and I needed to beat it. Got cows to feed five miles away and the tractor is here at my house.

Had to get to town, check in w/ my dr. and go to the post office where I picked up this really nice 'Botl-O' in red from Dublin Georgia. How many of them have ya seen? This is my second, Matt has the other one I know about.

Sooooooooooo I'm back at home and it's starting to drizzel. Rains not supposed to come in till the afternoon, so I'll wait for a little bit. I wait for an hour or so walk down to where the tractor is.........forget the key so it's back to the house. After two more trips to the house I'm able to remember to bring the key w/ me.

Go to crank it and............................................

80EBE0F2E3934A1D9B5D423EC3A49B1A.jpg

Attachments

• 80EBE0F2E3934A1D9B5D423EC3A49B1A.jpg
    80EBE0F2E3934A1D9B5D423EC3A49B1A.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 95

pickensbob

Reaction score
nice bottle, don't feel bad, my nick-name is lucky, just like that dog with one eye, one leg missing, no tail, and been castrated, called lucky.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
"DAMN" dead battery. Jumper cables are in Paulas car.............that don't make no difference my trucks in the shop. Go to figggggggerin what I'm gonna do. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I call Pa Jimmy, my uncle and at 77 the finest man on Gods Green Earth that I know, back to the house I go, grab the phone and hear "Joes pool hall, LeRoy speaking.".......that's Pa Jimmy. I say "LeRoy, you and your jumper cables come over and gimme a jump. I got cows to feed."

It don't take him long to get here and before ya know we got the tractor running. I tell him thanks and he's off.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Well, the reason I had the tractor over here was I had Uncle Rays [ the hardest working man alive that I know of. At 83 he has a CDL and drives an 18 wheeler everyday............ Says he don't wanna be 'Old and poor', yea right. Now to give credit where credit is due my Daddy was the hardest working man I've ever known. That man loved to work no matter if it about killed the rest of us. Though he's been gone for 22 years, I miss him as much as the first day he left us. I can still hear him as he said prayers in our small Baptist church........"Our gracious heavenly Father................." ] trailer cause I am going to tear down an old,old house here on my place.

Anyway, the tractors running, it's starting to drizzel. I get the trailor set where I want it. Get off to unhook it , and the pin want come out. I work w/ it a while. Figger I better go back to the house and get my hammer so I can beat that pin out from the bottom.

Some trailer huh? Yall aint got no idea where this is going do ya.................

7038D0C8D8F24781AF3D83B225C0E008.jpg

Attachments

• 7038D0C8D8F24781AF3D83B225C0E008.jpg
    7038D0C8D8F24781AF3D83B225C0E008.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 105

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
I got my hammer and it's time to unhook that trailer. I'll just cut it real hard to get it out of my yard I think,then it stops. "What now?" I wonder. This is the 'what now', I've done cut it so tight that the jack and the other jack lug [ if you know what you're looking for you can see it] have jammed up agains my tire. I'm not going foward, I'm not going backwards. I'm stuck in my yard.

As I'm looking at it this Beatles song starts to play in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Q9D4dcYng

F89EDB2D40F9438996B3BA627B5E1340.jpg

Attachments

• F89EDB2D40F9438996B3BA627B5E1340.jpg
    F89EDB2D40F9438996B3BA627B5E1340.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 103

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Well, it's starting to rain now.

All I gotta do is take out that pin and I can drive off, should not be that hard, I got my hammer.

Can you say WRONG. If that pin aint comming out when I wasn't having problems,it shore as hell aint coming out when I do..............................and did I tell ya it was raining.

So I get a hydraulic jack, an I'm gonna jack that thing out.

I like to belive everybody has a good idea that won't work...........this was mine for the day. That pins not moving no matter how much I jack and beat on it.

Only one thing left to do...............................move the rear of the trailer so the front will move off my tire. I get a rather large and strong pole. The trailer just laughs at me.

Now what am I going to do? I need help, I need mussels, I need a tractor or a truck w/ a chain. I need.................................................

0B6B9E663B1D4FCDA576959D5E02CB0C.jpg

Attachments

• 0B6B9E663B1D4FCDA576959D5E02CB0C.jpg
    0B6B9E663B1D4FCDA576959D5E02CB0C.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 102

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Jamie Bell......................."Hey man, come over hear and bring a chain." I ask him.

He shows up and starts laughing at me....................I just don't see the humor in it as yet. I got water dripping off me and the cows that are five miles away and still not fed, not to mention the trailer is still attached to the tractor.

We hook a chain from the rear of the trailer to his truck. It does not take but just a second and some ruffed up turf and I'm outta here. I ask him to "Follow me and help me unhook it." Now just because there's two of us, that does not mean that pin will come out any eaiser.

Well we beat and jack and fram on that pin all the while knowing that another friend of ours got killed doing the same thing................pin through the head, powered via a hydraulic jack.

Then boooooommmmmmm it shot outta there.............................and it's pouring rain.

Cows to feed, and I'm gonna need a ride home. Jamies got me covered, man I'm needing all the help I can get.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Let me tell ya. It was 45 and raining on that five mile ride. To wet and cold to get off so Jamie hooked my forks and opend the gate. I owe him many thanks for that and for all the help he gave.

Me, I could not turn around and see that the barn door had swung shut...................didn't need it any how, just glad it did not fall on me or the tractor when it came down.

Was not long after that, that I was home and dry, but 4 hours to feed the cows, that's a bit much.

Oh yea, all my friends around here and on Facebook who's going to see this just though I just raised......................well yall know me........

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
One last thing......................................Henry you're going to call me up and TELL ME you had a bad day, no man I don't belive it was nothing like this.

See ya Friday, and you learned that Pat Mason plays hardball.[;)]

psmason73

Reaction score
yep, got a call from henry. i need to try and find some more of those two ways. i think i may know where some are if i can find the time to go check them out. Osia you and Henry sure know how to play hardball[:)]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229