Nasty how would you like to finds these in your soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
I got a call this morning from a man who had a lot of old Soda bottles that were in a outside shed. His grandfather had run a country store from the 40's - 70's. I bought the contents of the shed (bottle wise) and he said he had two neat bottles in the house of his grandfathers. These two were in a glass case with some other odd and end stuff of his grandfathers from the store. The one on the Left is a 1973 dated Coke and the one on the right a 1971 dated Orange Crush . But look closely the Coke has a nice Object looks like a piece of Onion and the Orange Crush a large piece of Sandwick wrap is in it. The inspection line failed on these two badly (in todays world it would have probaly been a lawsuit) He told me people bought them and before they were opened they brought them back to his grandfathers store and wanted another one. His granfather kept them around as just something odd. Since I bought the others he gave them to me. Now what am I going to do with them good question.

C883FC14CA8D41C593B19FB6F216EBEB.jpg

Attachments

• C883FC14CA8D41C593B19FB6F216EBEB.jpg
    C883FC14CA8D41C593B19FB6F216EBEB.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 59

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Here's a closeup of the one with the Sandwich Wrap in it. I guess someone had a Sandwich and stuck their plastic wrap in the bottle. When it went through the cleaning line it stayed and the bottle was refilled and capped and back out for the next man.

3F875CFF8E744E51BD6414868B8CFE69.jpg

Attachments

• 3F875CFF8E744E51BD6414868B8CFE69.jpg
    3F875CFF8E744E51BD6414868B8CFE69.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 69

glass man

Reaction score
WOW! I worked at the local COKE CO. in 1972 and two ladies sat in chairs all day long and looked for problems just like your bottles have. There were two people just in case something was missed by the first.The line didn't move very fast,so somebody was napping at the job on at least the COKE.I can more understand the item getting by on the crush,since the wrap is clear and harder to see. Man'I would hated it to have taken a long drink of that COKE! Of course I bought some Folger's coffee a few years ago and there was a WORM OR MAGGOT ON THE RIM OF THE JAR WHEN I OPENED IT UP! I didn't have a camera and in a little while the worm went from white to brown and swiveled up ,then was hard to say what it was. Anyway I contacted the place where I bought the coffe and warned them to be on the look out .I contacted Folger's and they sent me a coupon for more coffee and maybe another worm.MAN,I WAS DUMB! IF I HAD ONLY GOTTEN A GREAT PICTURE AND SENT IT TO "SOME ONE" MAYBE I COULD HAVE GOTTEN COFFEE AND WORMS FOR LIFE!!!![:)]

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Not that long ago I grabbed a glass bottled Cheerwine from a local store turned it up to take a swig and felt something solid head toward the back of my throat, after spitting it out I found that it was a piece of plastic from a filling machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson