Need a tumbling machine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
A decent setup starts at just under a grand.. are you really ready?

..if yes, then click HERE

cyberdigger

Reaction score
**deeper thought** Have you had any tumbling experience as of yet?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Deepest thought........Do you have any bottles that are worth tumbling?? It seems now that everyone wants to tumble their 25 dollar bottles. A bottle machine is not cheap to buy or run, when you consider costs of supplies into the equation. It used to be that a person only tumbled bottles worth at least a hundred dollars before the tumble and many more after. A good tumbling person will charge you at least thirty dollars to tumble a bottle, plus shipping both ways, it gets expensive. IF YOU are going to buy a machine, supplies, and invest in the few months that it will take you to figure out what you are doing+ any really cheap bottles to practice on, take many notes on results, polishes used, amounts of copper per size of bottle, running time, type of bottle shape vs others(flat embossed ovals being the hardest to do). speeds of machine, and even tumbler tube loads. It can be very daunting at first. BUT there is no better satisfaction then turning a hundred dollar crap bottle (because of condition) into a gleaming beautiful speciman worth many dollars more. Luck and stick to it ness to you if you decide to start.........

MisterSilverSearcher

Reaction score
I was planning on trying out different combinations on crap bottles until I get the key combo. Then tumble more expensive bottles and maybe tumble bottles for anyone local looking for somewhere closer than New England or the South. I believe the closest is Virginia or Maryland, I don't think there are many in WV. Either that or they're not tumbling. Obviously, I still need to give it some thought before dropping 1k on this "investment".

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide