Need help identifying small bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gcindy6

Reaction score
Blue-green jar, 3-1/2 inches high, 2 inch wide at base and lip is 1-1/2 inches. Any information would be appreciated! The only marking is the number 4 with a circle around it in the center of the bottom.

Wt59101.jpg

Attachments

• Wt59101.jpg
    Wt59101.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 64

madman

Reaction score
hey gcindy, did you dig that shoe polish bottle from a dump??

gcindy6

Reaction score
Good morning all and thanks for all your input! And the friendly welcome, it's appreciated. No madman, it wasn't dug up, the only thing I ever helped dig was a black walnut tree stump that my talented ex turned into a beautiful table...of course, he got to keep that, lol ...
The bottle comes from my deceased grandmother-in-laws stuff ... I'm sure it was used by them at one time ... we're trying to learn values of not only the bottle but also china, pottery, glass, lamps, decorative items, musical instruments, sheet music, barber supplies, old records, etc. all from the attic where they haven't been touched in at least 30 years (maybe longer) - dating back to probably 1920-1950 when they purchased and used most of it ... whew ... didn't mean to get so long-winded.......anyway, the learning process has just begun and believe me, it's quite an experience, I like learning about all this stuff. Never had any idea a simple bottle had so many markings and that you could actually date them accordingly, wow!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem