Need help on this odd bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jblaylock

Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody here has any information on this bottle. I'm curious if anyone has ever seen one before.

1st, the bottle:
IMG_20130314_133346.JPG

IMG_20130314_133323.JPG

The bottle is a light aqua with a 'shingles' design on it. On the neck it reads "Wallins Bottling Works" On the base it reads "Wallins Green, KY", "Cap 6 1/2oz" "Patent appl'd for" One the bottom there is a large "W" and a small "c" inside a circle.

Now, here's the catch. I am from a small town in SE KY called "Wallins Creek". Back in the early 1900, during the coal boom, this was a thriving city. I have been told of an old Coke plant in the early 1900s-20s and later in the 40s-50s an RC bottling plant. There is no other Wallins in Kentucky, or possibly in the U.S. I have done an extensive internet search for "Wallins Green" and only come up with results for this bottle and if the words "Wallins Creek" and "Green Hills" (another small nearby town) are in the same sentence. I have searched US patents, and cannot find anything. So I turn to the experts here. I'm just curious if anyone has any type of info on this. Thanks for your help.

epackage

Reaction score
Possible that there was a loss in translation along the way from design to production and 'Creek' became 'Green'???

jblaylock

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Dragon0421

just sold one on the bay its a nice looking bottle

This is that bottle.I'm trying to find some info on the history of it.
I gave you positive feedback today and sent you a message on eBay.

celerycola

Reaction score
1923 Blue Book lists O. H. Howard as proprietor of Wallins Creek Bottling Works.

Dragon0421

Reaction score
It is one of those bottles that i could never find out the history on, just liked the design on the bottle with it looking like a old roof on a house. I think it is a very cool deco style bottle and that is the only one i have ever come across.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese