Need help with ID'ing a bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kleenax

Reaction score
The elderly gentleman that I got this from thought it was a Brown's Indian Girl Bitters bottle, but it isn't. The ONLY marks on it are "J & M G" with no other punctuation. Bottle is 13" tall and 4" wide at it's base.Photos below.
Lady-Bottle.jpg
Lady-Bottle2.jpg
Lady-Bottle3.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I always figured those kinds of figural's were French, cordials or with that top, maybe cologne. Just guessing though.

sunrunner

Reaction score
the marks are not from a glass house ,it looks hand blown ,hard to tell.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello sunrunner, Well you must be new to bottle collecting if you can't tell a hand blown bottle from a machine made bottle. It is what we would consider a figural. If there are vertical seams on the finish (the top closure zone) then it is machine made. There are people that collect figurals. You didn't mention anything about the bottom. either - so we can't be much help.RED Matthews wepop

sunrunner

Reaction score
hay red , firstoff its not my bottle second , iv been collecting bottle for 40 years , and taken glassblowing classes . so I can tell the deference between a hand blown from machine made. And machine made bottles that were produced on the Owens or Jhonbull or what others there were. have a distinctive look. Its Kleenex who is asking the question.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyGuy73