Need more details about Ancient Age whiskey bottle made by Anchor Hocking

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

postal33610

Reaction score
I was recently given this bottle by a gentleman that owns HOF pitcher Dazzy Vance's former homestead. While doing work on the site of Vance's original home (only the fireplace and chimney remain), they found about 150 of these (and similar) bottles.I have been able to determine that the bottle held Ancient Age whiskey and was made by Anchor Hocking. I am hoping to find out a little more detail such as the approximate time the bottle was made and the location it was made. I found several similar bottles online but they all had different maker marks and the No Re-use warning was above the AA logo rather than at the bottom edge of the bottle.Any information you can provide would be appreciated. I would like to document this as well as possible while adding it to a shelf in my baseball collection. Thank you
20140711_211617.jpg
20140711_211540.jpg
20140711_211550.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hi, the number at the right looks like 5? and should be the year. As far as the Federal Law statement it's just a different mold.

2find4me

Reaction score
They must have liked that whiskey a lot, to have 150 of them. Unfortunately, minimum value to a collector, although the earlier variant is worth a couple of bucks. Still a cool find. Do you happen to collect baseball cards? I am into that a little right now.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter