need serious help with pricing magnesias

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Online isn't the way to go for me. It's better to sell local in lots.
Shipping and handling is more than the cost of the bottle itself. Local sale i agree is an easier sale. Maybe she can find a collector of milk of magnesa.

GlassKitTin

Surface Scratcher
Reaction score
Common or not, they are beautiful. I have no idea of value, but I’d for sure pay at least $5 for one if I found it at a yard sale, lol!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
ebay? Alright I’ll check it out. It’s ok. I just want to know what I can get for them because I used to get really excited every time I found one and it blows hearing they go for a dollar let alone less then 20. I wonder why everyone else sells them for so much.
I never saw such high prices Cat. Just because they are blue some charge for the color. they want to rip-off someone who does not know what they are worth. That $99 is insane. ROBBYBOBBY64

Catcat16

Reaction score
I never saw such high prices Cat. Just because they are blue some charge for the color. they want to rip-off someone who does not know what they are worth. That $99 is insane. ROBBYBOBBY64
Yea, I hear ya. But understand I DONT want to rip anyone off which is why I’m trying to get to the bottom of it. All I know (since I don’t have experience yet) is what I see online and if everyone is selling high like that, I assume that’s what it goes for. That’s actually why I joined this site so I could speak with people like you who could shed some light on the real value of things. But after being here for awhile now I just enjoy sharing lol

Catcat16

Reaction score
Here’s what I found on eBay. Non for less then 4 bucks but I do see a lot for around 5 plus 6 for s&h

Attachments

• 258D8FFA-57AF-4BBE-B80C-6359044821E7.png
    258D8FFA-57AF-4BBE-B80C-6359044821E7.png
    338.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 51149A41-D705-4A86-83ED-0158A1857797.png
    51149A41-D705-4A86-83ED-0158A1857797.png
    354.5 KB · Views: 142

Catcat16

Reaction score
They might be asking high prices but are they actually selling? I throw them back in the hole I've dug so many. LEON.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhjjjjh DONT DO THAT!!!
Send them to me I’ll pay for the shipping ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Dead

Catcat16

Reaction score
As far as I know all the milk of magnesias are worth very little, date or no date. I'd personally price them all at a dollar or two each. Never seen that one in the first picture without the Phillips name on it but I doubt it's particularly collectible either unfortunately.

You know, I’ve asked a lot about that bottle and not one person has ever seen one. I wonder if it was some rip off brand. I recently found one that says TABLETS on it. It’s the only one I’ve ever found of that one too but I see it online so I know it’s nothing special.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's what you gotta due. go to ebay & then click on the SOLD items. Only sold items will come up. Not high priced ones that run on ebay for years but never sell. I provided a link below. This should really help you get a idea on prices. I'm actually surprised to see many get more then $5.00 I might have to start keeping the ones I've been throwing back. LEON.

Catcat16

Reaction score
Common or not, they are beautiful. I have no idea of value, but I’d for sure pay at least $5 for one if I found it at a yard sale, lol!

yea that’s how I feel. They may not be super valuable but they are pretty. I’d at least try and sell them at a yard sale worst comes to worse. I have a lot of them but that’s over a year and not nearly as many duplicates as I have of other bottles. Plus there are so many people that ask me for them that live around me. Mostly older woman and I’ve had offers as high as 15 but obviously they don’t know it’s value and I have told them I’ll sell after I find out the real value.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH