Need some advice about an outhouse. Thanks!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

screlichunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Probably will not get time until this weekend. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
I was always reluctant to dig under standing outhouses...... until yesterday. I will start a seperate thread later after I finish cleaning and taking pictures of my finds.

Like so many seasoned diggers say over and over again on this forum, you never know what's in the pit until you dig it. So get out and dig the outhouse pit, just not the one pictured because it was dug yesterday.

Good luck,

Tom

87CFA94D520A4C8C99E8A281C075E812.jpg

Attachments

• 87CFA94D520A4C8C99E8A281C075E812.jpg
    87CFA94D520A4C8C99E8A281C075E812.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86

screlichunter

Reaction score
Thanks DIGS! I am pretty excited about digging my privy. Your experience has re-affirmed that you just never know until you dig. I started a new thread as well. "Start of my privy dig. Well almost! ". We got started and were side tracked by the glass lightning rod accessories that we pulled off the dilapidated house. I will keep the new thread going with new pictures and status. Thanks again to all!

tigue710

Reaction score
that is one cool looking ruin, like rvcdigger said, we love that stuff here! I too would be all over that house, be careful though...

screlichunter

Reaction score
Thanks! I posted some more pictures today check it out at my other thread in this forum. Thanks again!

glass man

Reaction score
I understand PAT'S point..if way out in the country[if it was way out back then..I do know of a place where there were a few thousand people living there in the 1870's-1930 or so..now nothing!!

Any way it would seem they would walk to the closest woods and just dump it there...I would look every where though...I find pieces of coal..glass..square nails...right in our front yard and we live in town..but it was sorta in the country around the turn of the 1900's...

HOPE YOU FIND SOMEN GREAT THERE!Be careful round that falling in structure and make sure there in no deep well that has been over grown with vines etc,I almost stepped into one long ago..it was very deep and no one around in the country...My remains would probably still be in it if I had fallen into it !!JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229