Nevada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Hi I am 15 and I have only found bottles on top of the ground, and I have a probe but I don't know what privies feels like. Would any one in the Northern Nevada be ok with me going, I don't mind if don't keep any bottles.-John

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Or anyone close to the Reno area or close to like Pacerville or Sacramento.Thanks,John

botlguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't help you out with your request John but I always want to encourage young collectors. Look for a local bottle club and get involved if possible. Good Luck. Reno used to be a very active bottle collector area. Jim

sandchip

Reaction score
Just make sure you're not on state or Federal land, and get permission first from the landowner. Yeah, Reno has a good show each year, so somebody in the area ought to be able to help. I started when I was your age and 40 years later, I'm still loving it! Out your way, some tremendous finds have been made on top of the ground. Y'all don't have the buildup of organic matter out there like we do in the South. Good luck and let us know what you find.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I know there is a bottle collector in here from Winnemucca Nevada. Forgot his name. Maybe he'll chime in? LEON.

antlerman23

Reaction score
Good to see another kid on here! I joined here when i was about your age! Keep looking and you will find something! I just found a killer dump on my college campus! Keep at it and you will find something great.

junkyard jack

Reaction score
Bottle digging/collecting is a wonderful hobby. I really enjoy hearing about younger people truly excited about the possibilty of finding old bottles. Aside from the fun factor, we are also preserving beautifully important examples of our past. This site is a wealth of information so don't hesitate to ask questions. So have fun, be careful & get out there and move some dirt.

Nevadabottles

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, but here is the thing I have no idea what a privie vs. real dirt feels like. So I would like to go with someone to learn, then I could go find bottles on my own.Thanks,-John

goodman1966

Reaction score
Try this site, He has a section on locating privies. Very informative. He is a member here too. 19thcenturybottlediggers. Mitch

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75