New ACL's from the Goodwood conection!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
This one is on eBay. I could be wrong but I don't think it to be as common. [attachment=Mac's bev..jpg]

Attachments

• 0f2bf33bc95140f7a3316a2fad86374e.jpg
    0f2bf33bc95140f7a3316a2fad86374e.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 80

RCO

Reaction score
is insane to think one person has all those bottles and the pictures are of his traders ? that's not even his collection ? I see a few bottles in the picture I've been looking for but can't find a single one for sale anywhere and i've been like everywhere and he has like 3 of some of them . he must of bought like every descent pop bottle he saw for sale at every store he was ever in

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yea my friend said he could not get everything photoed...too much stuff! The ol guys been collecting since the 50's...sad thing is most of his keepers are all boxed up....except for the PQ stuff.... here is partial photo?..lol[:eek:] [attachment=Freds_PQ_TS_-_Copy.jpg]

Attachments

• 4a7ab2ddde114e979e8f13161024ee8c.jpg
    4a7ab2ddde114e979e8f13161024ee8c.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 89

RCO

Reaction score
since the 50's ? that would make sense as you could never acquire all those bottles today even if you tried it just be too hard and expensive to find them all . and there also in really good condition , none really appear to be dump dug . did he have any embossed bottles from 1910's-30's eras ? or just acl's ?

Canadacan

Reaction score
I think they are all ACL's...Condition on most are really good, but in a group photo you cant really tell as a couple of the ones I received were a little lesser condition than I'd hoped.I noticed in the picture he has a few paper labels. The western Canadians I did not see any paper or embossed.

RCO

Reaction score
he's got some good stuff there , one thing I'd worry about as if other collectors realised there was that many other bottles out there of some of these they'd realise some were not that rare , I mean he's got like 3-4 bottles each in his traders of various bottles I previously though were very hard to find or never even seen yet but maybe he just has them all ? cause I haven't seen any of some of them for sale last couple of years . but often with bottles quanity doesn't mean quality but in this case it does , its a very impressive collection

Canadacan

Reaction score
It's crazy though hey....I grabbed a couple of bottles that I'd never seen before as well. If I had a rare bottle say one pictured for example, Knowing all the facts that he is an exception...so what if he has 3-5 of your rare bottle....there will be that many collectors out there that probably don't have it anyways.He told my friend he does not display his keepers because people would wander away from the for sale stuff!...this way they just see whats for sale [:D]

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That Go V's Go bottle is great! I would imagine they're probably more rare, though I've only ever seen my version up close enough to see what the neck said, so I can't say for sure.

Canadacan

Reaction score
CanadianBottles said:
That Go V's Go bottle is great! I would imagine they're probably more rare, though I've only ever seen my version up close enough to see what the neck said, so I can't say for sure.
Ha ha funny thing though the cap on that is Grape flavor...Grape fades to green...but it makes the label jump out hey![:)]

Fleetbag

Reaction score
Hi Canadacan I collect Ontario ACL, I have been looking for Thompson and Mackellar bottles plus others he has. Is your Goodwood connection in Goodwood Ontario? Very close to my location.Will he sell to anyone, how do I connect with him?Let me know if possible

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85