New and need help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rum`sMyPoison

Reaction score
Hey everybody, great website.Ive already learned alot.Heres a strange bottle, can anyone help me out?My pic was a little too big and wouldnt load so here goes:Its 10 1/2 inches tall, 3 1/4 wide at the base.Amber in color but glass on base is clear.No markings at all.Mould seams stop at the lip which appears to be applied.There is what appears to be pewter around the neck of the lip with alittle ring probably to attach chain to stopper, and applied pewter skull and crossbones where a label would be.Im going to try and reduce the file size to get a pic up.Thanks for reading and for any info.

Ay75956.jpg

Attachments

• Ay75956.jpg
    Ay75956.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 96

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I have not seen a bottle like yours before. It does not appear to be a poison bottle, my best guess would be a liquor bottle or a novelty item. It does appear to be an old bottle. The skull and bones were likely added later. I doubt that it is anything rare or highly valuable, although there is always a chance that I could be wrong on that as I know nothing about this particular bottle. It is still a cool-looking bottle, and would make a great display piece to go with a group of poison bottles.

I hope that my limited information has been helpful. I wish I knew more to tell you about your bottle. If you have any more bottles that you need help with, someone on this forum can probably help. There are knowledgeable collectors here for just about every kind of bottle you can think of. My specialty is American poison bottles. Thanks for sharing your bottle. Jim

Rum`sMyPoison

Reaction score
Hey Great Jim,anything at all is helpful.I just aquired this bottle after admiring it for years and I thought it was quite old and valuable, Im really getting an education here.Can the pic be seen,Im not much of a technophile. could someone just post and tell me if the pic is working and if not what Im doing wrong?Thanks.

Jim

Reaction score
I was able to view your picture by opening it as an attachment. When you go to submit a post, there is a little box to check if you want to include the picture in your post. The box is near the bottom of the window and says "Embed picture in post" next to it. Glad I could help. Jim

Rum`sMyPoison

Reaction score
I think I finally got the pic right.I cant believe what a great website you all have here.What a fine bunch of people.thanks for the help.NOW if I can find out something about this bottle!

Ec89061.jpg

mammatee

Reaction score
evening everyone....raided my DH bottle shed and came up with this little poison bottle...It measures about 2 3/4in. tall and base is about an inch square....has bumps on the four corners and marked poison....amber in color....Marked P.D.& Co. on bottom with #172..Any help will be greatly appreciated...TIA..Tee

Ki20791.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday