New auction site first bottle listings

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I think everyone would agree that your auction site still needs a lot of work to make it perfect. I dont think anyone expects that to happen over night. I dont know what your long term goals are for it and what amount of resources you have to spend. That's obviously up to you to figure out. So far I havent seen or heard an negative critiques of your site but you can be assured they will occur and as a good business man you always have to respond positively.
The key to your site, as with any auction site is attracting sellers. Once you have those, buyers are easy. I would be approaching the known regular bottle sellers on ebay and tring to convince them to list with you. My argument would be something like... list with me first, put your bottles on at the minimum price you would accept for a week, if they dont sell then you havent lost anything but a little time.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious. Just my opinions for what they are worth.

SNDMN59

Reaction score
The reason i had to cancel some of my listings was after i gave the description, and payment details, then i went to place pictures i found out thst some of them were not very good at all. I have tried to go back and change to a differant item, but it does not allow me to. I know it does not look good for me but that is the only way i can figure out , to get a item out of the store.
SANDMAN[8|]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Sandman,

I will have a programmer purge all of those canceled listings from every account that were created as we made changes. Did you notice you are the featured store on the home page? I will figure out the photos for your store with someone at work. The one in your store has to be bigger but I think they made the space very short… I’ll get it figured out and fixed.

The image loader is already improved and I am pretty sure it will continue to improve to fit collector needs.

Hey Matt, All good stuff. I am very excited and positive about it. Getting those sellers is a nut I keep working to crack. More people signed up today. So that is good. I have sent a lot of email to bottle people and have been getting great response. We have links to the site all over now. People have really been gracious about steering people to the site.

Thanks,

Steven

SNDMN59

Reaction score
I saw the home page the other day when i got home i was very pleased and surprised , As you saw i put one of my favorite bottles in the store for sale.
I hope this helps things going, and maybe someone else might enjoy it . I have discussed how many bottles i have packed away. To some collectors they may not me high dollar items. But if one item attracts a new collector we have strarted winning the battle. im going to try to list as much as i can before my surgery, i hope my wife will take over for a while. Again i am sorry for spelling and punctiation. It has tken e 20 minutes just to type this but ill give you 100% . Everyone says a 3rd time is charm,

SANDMAN

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles