new aussie member

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hampy

Reaction score
hi all,my name is Rob and I live in a small country town called BOMBALA in the state of NEW SOUTH WALES in AUSTRALIA,i mainly collect beers but will bring home anything that takes my eye really I used to be very active in the digging scene about 20 yrs ago but am getting the bug again im a retained firie in the NSW Fire and Rescue station here in town,i work full time at an engineering company and also a drummer which ive played in bands since I was 16 [about 40yrs] but not much now days,i would really like to get to know some of you as I want to revisit the states maybe next year and would love to go on a dig,cheers Rob.

LisaTammy

Reaction score
Rob, I love to see bottles from foreign (to me) digs hope you plan on showing us some pics. Do they have the stoneware ginger beers like in England? Are Codds popular there? I'll quit grilling you for now lol. WELCOME!!!Lisa

hampy

Reaction score
Hi Lisa,how you going ?, yes we get ginger beers over here in fact we dug a couple last Saturday at a dump that belongs to a house built in 1836 and there is heaps of the dump yet to be dug so heres hoping and codds are popular over here as well but I haven't dug a huge amount of them and I will put some pics on when I learn how to,i really like the hutch bottles from over there I would like to buy one if possible anyway now tell me a bit about yourself,cheers and pls keep in touch,rob.

hampy

Reaction score
hi all,thanks so much for your comments I love to answer all of your questions so bring them on,thanks again rob.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Rob; I have been to your country and New Zeland, for meetings with both countries glass bottle making plants. I was there selling special mold equipment metal castings, for productive mold life improvement and better glass quality standards of control. It was a great experience and great countries to visit. I have collected glass for 77 years now and have devoted manh hours to the study of hand blown bottle making. Welcome to this forum. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem