new boonville shot glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deacon_frost

Reaction score
this is a story about how cool this site is, i met a very cool guy on here tim (bottlekid76) who introduced me to a guy with several boonville bottles for use in my boonville collectibles book by the name of arlin, well a couple weeks ago i recieved a call from a third guy who was selling arlin some bottlles and he mentioned to him about this boonville piece, although arlin said he would love to have it he gave the guy my number and told him he would like to see the piece go home to boonville( which in my book makes him a straight up kinda guy ) and here is the end result

FF69B059914D4ABEA80A79154672227B.jpg

Attachments

• FF69B059914D4ABEA80A79154672227B.jpg
    FF69B059914D4ABEA80A79154672227B.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 63

deacon_frost

Reaction score
backside, back in the day i guess i would have fallen into the hog catagory[:D]

397AD14BC7F045BB90564BF40FFB0EE9.jpg

Attachments

• 397AD14BC7F045BB90564BF40FFB0EE9.jpg
    397AD14BC7F045BB90564BF40FFB0EE9.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 71

Plumbata

Reaction score
Another great rare shot glass/dose cup for your collection! I'm happy for ya man those must be scarce. The last one you posted wasn't a common one by any means.

How is the book coming along? Do any digging lately?

deacon_frost

Reaction score
thanks plummy, the book is kinda hit and miss still doing alot of research and when you think your making headway more items appear to research [:)](came across a guy with an awesome boonville trade token collection).. done a little digging sat for about an hour and found a couple little slick vials and the dreaded h&k that nobody seems to know anything about (dug about 30 or 40 of the things over the last year or so...might be a local i just dont know anything about yet[:-]) you getting any digging time in?

Plumbata

Reaction score
Good to hear about getting access to more items for your book; those tokens should be excellent items for further research. I would bet that the proprietors of saloons or liquor/grocery stores who bothered to make tokens would also bother to have mini-jugs or flasks made. Might provide an idea of some goodies to look for.

I think I remember the HK bottle, you've posted them before right? Perhaps it is a local or semi-local extract company? Was there a wholesale grocer in your area with those initials?

I've dug a little here and there but no good finds so far here in Ohio. I found an old pre-ABM dump near an old mill-site but it apparently had been dug out years ago. Ah well. I'll have to get back to peoria soon and ravage the areas I know are good!

deacon_frost

Reaction score
hey plummy dont know if you are into post cards or not but this site has like 12 pages of peoria ill cards for sale http://www.cardcow.com/

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

Great new shot glass addition!

b2d11f4d-6070-4998-876d-04b3f378fbc2.jpg

"RiverView Suites Bed and Breakfast is located in a 100-year-old building that has been beautifully renovated. Before the present building was erected, the site was home to a livery stable run by John Smith and James Ragland. The present building, of Victorian/Italianate style, was erected in 1900 by the Sombart family for use as a "saloon." From that time until 1920 the building was the location of the Santa Fe Inn. In the '20s, the upstairs level was used as a printing shop, a photographic gallery and a beauty shop. In the '30s, it housed a battery recharging shop and a metal product shop." From.

75.jpg

deacon_frost

Reaction score
yep surf thats the building sadly though thats about the only info i can find on it though, now the building is home to"the riverside diner" that mural is quite impressive too in person, have you been slinging any dirt lately?

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Brian,

Not much dirt slinging yet, but I did find a really big hole. We've been enjoying all kinds of frozen or just plain cold wetness falling outta the sky around here. The sun is gonna come out again, tomorrow, I hope...

annie-poster.jpg

deacon_frost

Reaction score
that sucks about the weather surf where ya located at? i hate winter and would rather it be 90 than snowing...missouri has some goofy weather you can go to work in the am with the heater on and go home in th pm with the ac on[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973