new bottle digger

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
RE: One days worth of bottles

3-10 apiece from a quick glance. Look for embossed [raised] Dr. Pepper as opposed debossed [cut]. The Sun Crest, don't put to much effort in it. You can't give them things away. Look for a red one, I am.

yoters

Reaction score

Thanks Osia. Of course all my DPs look like they are debossed. I have been looking for another Lime Cola like mine, any chance it is rare?

madman

Reaction score

hey yoters nice finds, is it a surface dump or did you dig? that try me bottle is cool! as far as value those bottles r fairly common, but would be nice in a collection, when collecting sodas its all about the towns embossed on the bottles small towns or towns that dont exist anymore can bring the money! as for larger towns go for less mike

yoters

Reaction score

Thanks Madman. I had to dig and cut brush and roots. Though it doesnt seem to be a real old dump, I believe the trash was buried. Fortunatly not too deep. There had to be a wheelbarrow full of Coke bottles left at the site. I started keeping those with different town names on them. I have Columbus, Atlanta, LaGrange, and Cartersville GA., Tallulah LA, St.Paul VA, and Lumberton NC.

capsoda

Reaction score

Great find Scott. If you have a couple of extra Lime Colas that you want to get rid of let me know. We suposedly have those down here but I have never seen one.

cc6pack

Reaction score

Scott

Like Cap said be on the lookout for small towns, and 1915, and 1923 Cokes. Where are you located? Theres a Rome, Ga. show coming up Feb. 7th. if you're close by.

yoters

Reaction score

Thanks cc6pack, I am near Columbus GA. I may go to the show in Rome if I can get details.

T D

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum, Scott. Try that SunCrest in the oven, cuz like OsiaBoyce says, they're pretty common. I collect any ACLs (painted bottles) and Chero Colas. Most Columbus Chero Colas a very common, but the older they are, the scarcer they are. I'd be interested in hearing from you if you found any other Cheros from other Georgia towns and wanted to get rid of them. I'm trying to see how I can drive up to the Rome show on the 7th. Hope to see you there.

yoters

Reaction score

Thanks cc6pack. I am afraid I am starting to like bottle collecting, like I need another vice, lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday