New bottle today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Usnslacker

Reaction score
Ok, Here is a pharmacy bottle from fishburne and son in wyanesboro va that I found today. Anyone know what might have been inside? Looked on ebay and they dont have one, and google said the company is still around. Value? It has a chip on the lip. :(

EB8E80962EAE40879DF855ABA34C8C3A.jpg

Attachments

• EB8E80962EAE40879DF855ABA34C8C3A.jpg
    EB8E80962EAE40879DF855ABA34C8C3A.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 58

surfaceone

Reaction score
Anyone know what might have been inside?

AMCS,

That's a later pharmacy bottle. You might ask THEM.

"Our History

Fishburne Pharmacy has been a staple business in Waynesboro for over 132 years, having the honor of being the oldest continuing business in the city.

Fishburne’s filled it’s first prescription on January 1st, 1879. It had been operated as a general merchandising store dating back to around the Civil War.

It was originally operated by a gentleman named “Doc†Myers before being joined by Pharmacists C.G. and Pliny Fishburne, thereby creating Myers & Fishburne.

Later it became commonly known as Fishburne’s, Fishburne Drugstore, Fishburne & Son, Fishburne & Son Drugstore, ultimately becoming Fishburne & Son Pharmacists-Professional Pharmacy.

Waynesboro pharmacist Walter Hickok, purportedly a descendant of “Wild Bill†Hickok, bought the “drug store†from the Fishburne family and owned it for about 40 years.

On May 1st, 1981 he sold it to David Garber, who has continued it under the Fishburne name to the present date.

It is unknown exactly how many prescriptions have been filled since 1879, but a presentation print was bestowed many decades ago commemorating over 2 million.

The original location was on South Wayne Avenue until occupying the northwest corner of Main Street and Wayne Avenue where it became a congregating place for the “locals†for decades.

A big draw was a marble base fountain and booths serving sandwiches and sodas, and reknowned cherry Cokes and vanilla Cokes and homemade potato salad.

The interior included marble-based glass display cases and beautiful walnut cabinetry and shelving."

q-19%20fishburne%20military%20school.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
...with a lip chip I'm gonna $5-10 if someone from Va. needs it for their collection. Coulda held anything that the druggist sold, cough syrup and the like....Jim

div2roty

Reaction score
with a lip chip I'm gonna $5-10 if someone from Va. needs it for their collection. Coulda held anything that the druggist sold, cough syrup and the like....Jim

It might be worth more if it is really rare. Rarer Delaware pharmacy bottles still sell well with chips. One from my town with a very small chip still sold for over $200. However, I don't know how well Va pharmacy bottles sell and since this one is still in business I doubt it is rare, so Jim is probably right.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks