New Cole Ten Pin

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
I just picked this one up from a friend today. This is the Cole tenpin mold with St. rather then Street spelled out in sort of a pale blue color. This puts me up to 13 of the 17 different embossed Baltimore torpedo and tenpin molds. I have been working on getting an example from each of the known molds for almost 10 years now. I'm also doing the same with the pontiled Baltimore sodas and still need 14 different mold variants to complete my Baltimore soda collection for molds then its just color and lip type variants I would have to work on which is a huge undertaking.

Throw in all the marked stoneware root beer and mead bottles from the pontil era and the unembossed porters and sodas that can be attributed to a Baltimore glass house and I still need a huge amount of bottles. But thats what makes collecting fun. Finding that elusive bottle to complete a grouping and researching the company that used the bottle to know when it was used.

The Cole ten pin I just got was likely only used from 1849-1851

Chris

ED2418F94D0245FEA78AD48C062A2EC0.jpg

Attachments

• ED2418F94D0245FEA78AD48C062A2EC0.jpg
    ED2418F94D0245FEA78AD48C062A2EC0.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 62

annie44

Reaction score
Very nice, Chris! I think it is a great color, sort of "ice" blue.

Did you see the Richmond, VA soda on ebay right now - I think it is at over $2,000 at this point......

I would like to acquire a Baltimore snuff like the one Rick C. had at the show this year - the bright orange/apricot color that you and I looked at - if you come across one, please let me know.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Those ten pins and torpedoes are KILLA! American Bottle Auctions has a MONSTER "peach, apricot, nectarine" colored Keach in the upcoming auction. Check it out, Chris.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Cindy,

Good thing you didn't come on that last dig in Baltimore ten that pit had about 20 of those pontiled snuffs in it broken including a really nice pure yellow example.

Mike thanks for the heads up on the keach. I don't have one in that color.

Chris

Jim

Reaction score
Very nice, Chris. That is a beautiful and unusual color. I don't see much early Baltimore stuff up here, but I always keep an eye out for you. ~Jim

annie44

Reaction score
Chris - I'm up for a dig, even if it is just shards! Give me a call.....I could take a day off if it's during the week.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter