New cures from Reno

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[;)] Hey Mark, that speedy cure is really cool, never seen that shape before on a cure bottle. Kinda looks like my Lulls antispasmodic for coughs flask from San Francisco which is aqua but pretty nearly that shape....Andy

edndlm

Reaction score
Nice Finds Mark ! I wish I could have made the show , but with doing Shupp's Grove Show the prior week & having no one to take at least a few boxes of bottles out for me , it just didn't make sense . I'm glad you got that Orcutt's , it cleaned up nice . The Warner's are quite nice also . Those Green Animal Cures usually don't last long on a table ... pull the trigger fast on those . The Unkweed's are desireable being a Western Cure , especially with a nicer tealsh color . Did you get any other less fancy Cures at the show ? When you get a chance give me a call I think I may have a few new things for you . Ed

markh

Reaction score
Hi Ed,

Yep, I got several others, some pretty nice, others more common.

- a small size Dr. Seeleye's Magic Cough and consumption Cure Abilene, Kansas to go with my large one. Also took a photo of a label for this that was on an unembossed bottle. Too bad the label wasn't on the embossed bottle!

- a Keeley's Gold Cure for Neurasthenia

- a Guptill's Sure Cure - a western cure that's hard to find (John doesn't have one!) but not too impressive looking - 5" aqua rect with ringed neck. has a small lip flake

- Brown's blood cure in amber to upgrade the one I got from you. This one was dug in Rawlins, WY!

and a couple of other's I can't remember off the top of my head.

Mark

434F6307673349A7AE568BECEFB2342F.jpg

Attachments

• 434F6307673349A7AE568BECEFB2342F.jpg
    434F6307673349A7AE568BECEFB2342F.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 93

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Great stuff Mark! I'm really loving that Orcutt's. I've got the Brown's Blood Cure in emerald and also in amber thanks to Ed! I'm needing the Brown's Blood Treatment bottle. If you guys come across one please let me know. Is that one only known in emerald?

~Tim

edndlm

Reaction score
Nice Mark , that Keeley's is real hard variant to get . I don't have a Guptill's either . The Seelye's is a nice set to have . I think the I CURE U is a neat bottle ... it gets right to the point . An Amber Brown Blood Cure from Philada. dug in WY ... how cool .

surfaceone

Reaction score
The middle panel with the roman gladiator reminds me of the embossed figure on Hermanus Germany's Infalliable Dyspepsia Cure from Reading PA. Wonder if one of these companies copied the other for the image?

4E63FCB359E14432934669BD56D783EB.jpg

Hey Mark,

She is Germania.
423px-Germania_figur.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26