New dump found!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

banton

Reaction score
Found a second untouched dump today, much smaller than the first. the first dump is about 2 acres. This one is about 50 by 50 yards. Here are some surface finds from the new one.

A59843ADF7324E26AC84577202857023.jpg

Attachments

• A59843ADF7324E26AC84577202857023.jpg
    A59843ADF7324E26AC84577202857023.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a question. I guess this would apply to the last post as well. How do you know these are virgin or untouched? You haven't dug into them yet, right? Is it possible that they were dug years ago and that's why so much is laying on the surface? You should really get there with some tools and pop open a hole. If they are really undug, you should get alot of bottles out of them! Good Luck! Chris

dewdog

Reaction score
Hey Chris! (lexdigger) Been trying to send you a message--your pm message center is full...............................

banton

Reaction score
Good question, well theres no sign of any digging activity, the bot's Ive found are strewn around in bushes on the fields, where the grass has worn away theres all kinds of cool stuff sticking out. Also I dont think theres anyone else around here as crazy as me about this kind of thing lol

madpaddla

Reaction score
If its untouched then the soil should be in layers. Stacked ontop of each other. Unless it was bulldozed. Then it could appear dug previous but really is untouched. The best way to tell is ......to dig down and see.
Ben

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
I can see 3 or 4 bottles in your pic that tells me any digger with half a brain would not have left them behind. I believe your site is pristine and the only way to know for sure is to start moving some dirt !!!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Cool. You know, I didn't think anyone else out there was as crazy as I am untill I started meeting bottle diggers left and right. As it turned out, the town I'm living in has been being dug in for 30 plus years! What I also found out is that alot of what we consider "keepers" today went into the toss pile 30 years ago. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the only way you'll know for sure if it's untouched is to dig down deep into it. Even if there are lots of bottles there could still be other signs like cigarette packs, fast food containers, etc. After 20-30 years the signs up top will be all but gone and it may appear overgrown and undug at first. If it was me, I wouldn't be able to keep from digging in it till my arms fell off!!! LOL Good Luck, and keep us Posted! Chris

P.S. Dewdog, if you're trying to reach me about the Tenn. bottle I still haven't had a chance to ask my friend about it. He's been really busy and out of town for the past several weeks. I'll try to get ahold of him this weekend and see if he wants to let it go.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib