New finds and a Story

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Got some bottle huntin' done today, went to the little surface dump next to the bike trail. The finds are: 2 Anderson's ACL sodas (I scanned the one with the label still on it!!! I have no idea what I'll do with the other one), a wine flask, a stubby beer, and this little no-deposit beer-like bottle ( I have no Idea what it is.)

So anyway, a ride my bike up there and get there at about 2:00. It was cloudy out, so I knew I had to be quick. I park my bike at the end of the bike trail, and dissapear into the little patch of "woods" along the b.t. I work my way through the jungle of brances, until I come across my first bottle laying on it's side. An Anderson's ACL!!! Jackpot!! I go a farther, until coming to the next one. A stubby!! kool. After stumbling over old branches and mud puddles, I found the next one: a wine flask (THere were a bit of these, but this was one of the older ones.) At this point, these 2 teenage girls walk by, and start chatting and flirting with me (Just kidding[;)]) no, actually, one of them asked my what the heck I was doing, so I just told her plainly "I'm looking for antique bottles!!" she gives me this disgusted look and says "Who are You?" so I just point and say "Over there" she then said something I couldn't make out, and walked away with her friend, so I just shrug and continue. Soon later, I found another Anderson's sticking 1/2 way out of the groung under a piece of sheet metal. I also found that other one, but I don't know what it is. All I know is, they're EVERYWHERE!!! So soon, it starts raining. Since I didn't bring a bag or box with with me, I put 2 of them in my pants pockets, mud and everything (But a REAL collector doesn't mind), and carry the other 3 in my arm.

I know this is newer stuff, but since my stopping point is 1965, it's ok with me. I will now put these in the "Watzit? after 1900" section for I.D.[:D]

Vt58233.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58233.jpg
    Vt58233.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 75
Reaction score
Diggerboy91

nice find. I'm hav'in trouble finding my next dump.

happy digging the duke

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Thanks. I know how you feel. When I first started collecting, I didn't know of ANY dumps, so I always envied those who knew of one. Just keep looking...you'll find one.

It's pretty small, but I've found everything there from toy truck wheels to bike chains. BUT NO BOTTLES!!!!![:mad:] just these and 2 others. Most are broken[:(]. I think it was used by the farmers, due to the amount of farm junk there. Nice place, though.[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie