New Forum Auction: Pair of Bitters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epgorge

Reaction score
RE: New Forum Auction: Pair of Bitters + Bonus Bottle AND MORE!!!

Hey Bears,

You got me all excited when you said "OK you win"....
of course, I would need to go to 45 to get the other stuff right?

I will wait to see if here are any other lurkers.

Joel

frank

Reaction score
Yes bearswede caught that travel channel show on bottle hunting the first night came around 1.00am when got out work!! Is anyone form the forum going to the bottle show in Enfield Conn on sunday????[8|]

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Frank...

I've been trying to get into this show for three years now... Granted, I'm usually begging for a table at the last minute... But this year, I asked well ahead of time... And they gave me the usual run-around...

I think they only sell tables to members... Either that, or they've got me pegged as a serial killer!!!

Anyway, I generally only go to shows where I can sell... Otherwise, I don't feel comfortable parting with any serious money... As my wife is fond of saying, these are really swap meets...

Ron

epgorge

Reaction score
Hey Swede,
What part of W MA you from, Amherst area? Ever get up to Vermont for some good diging?
Ep

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey, Joel...

I'm about 50 minutes from Amherst... I work in Hadley, a stones throw away...

Don't get to do digging these days... Tho I'd like to... At least as much as my arthritis would allow... I'm afraid any privy digging would be difficult, if not impossible for me...

There are old stone foundations around where I live, but they seem to be swept clean of any debris... In the 70's when I was digging, I hiked all over the Belchertown area... Found a lot of old surface dumps... And some nice bottles... Now, I'm skunked...

Where do you dig in VT?

Ron

PS... I did my share of heavy lifting (of soil, that is) when I was in grad school at Umass... I earned my living as an archeologist in the eighties...

bearswede

Reaction score

Looking for $45... Gimmee forty... Gimmee forty... Gimmee a $45!!!

TICK TOCK...TICK TOCK...

epgorge

Reaction score

Diggin up bones, eh? I dig around my town. It is rich in colonial and federal stuff. I have found some intersting things over the years and am plotting seven new digs this summer. One is an old town dump. Another is an old colonial encampment. Several are old farm dumps next to old cellarholes.

Tell me more about the coin and snuff bottle. I don't know much about snuff bottles or old coins.

Joel

cookie

Reaction score

Joel-if you need a digging partner let me know....John

epgorge

Reaction score

John,

I usually don't play well with others, you can ask my mother. Where are you located? There are plenty of places to dig up here. Of course, it is best to ask permission, but some of these cellar holes are really far out in the woods away from anything or anybody.
It is just important to fill back in so not to leave damning evidence that we are a callous bunch of bastards.

Are you close by? We could get together, sure.

John? I just figured out who you are. Yeah sure, Dorset isn't far from me. You know, you have an old granite quarry in your town, I would love to get a shovel into. The workers shed a bottle or two there, I am sure. Also, Dorset is an old community and has an old dump. The Williams Coutry store would be another great place to dig, just up the road from you. The Battenkill would be a grea river to walk the banks of. Sounds like we are gong to have a busy summer. How about you and I finding the old silver mine down in your neck of the woods?
Get in contact with me and we will treasure hunt.

Ep
Joel

epgorge

Reaction score

Wow, this thing deletes expletives, I said bastard and it edited it. Kewl.
Joel

btw bastard is defined verbiage not slang

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide