New Jersey bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jstorm

Reaction score
Yep,, one of the more common NJ bottlers, common in Hutchinson and blob top types. Mrs Barbara Zimmerman was however an exceptional person. After the death of her husband Martin Zimmerman and his brother she took over management of their bottling company with great success. She became a well respected local business woman. The company was sold to Hensler Brewing of Newark when she retired about 1913. There were few lady bottles and she stands out as one of the

Yep,, one of the more common NJ bottlers, common in Hutchinson and blob top types. Mrs Barbara Zimmerman was however an exceptional person. After the death of her husband Martin Zimmerman and his brother she took over management of their bottling company with great success. She became a well respected local business woman. The company was sold to Hensler Brewing of Newark when she retired about 1913. There were few lady bottles and she stands out as one of the most successful.
Thanks for that. It helps on future purchases

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Just asking because I haven't a clue is this a sought after bottle out east or just a common older one? I paid 4 dollars at an antique mall yesterday? Figured I could afford the big purchase! Thanks View attachment 232533
That is a nice clean bottle with bubbles and few flaws. Definitely worth 4 dollars. Even a good ACL is worth that much in my opinion. And I love the Star Pittsburgh bottle which is from my region.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4