new location

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
some of todays finds, not cleaned yet, found 2 embossed qt. milks

Ec87172.jpg

Attachments

• Ec87172.jpg
    Ec87172.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 59

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna nice finds! love the milks!! the bottles youve found as you no date to the thirties and forties, that is a very cool house im guessing 100yrs old? best of luck mike

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, The foundation is pretty old. Probable Late 1800s to the early teens. Shaped stone foundations were scarce after 1900.

madman

Reaction score
hmmm since its a rural area there must have been privies or cisterns, alot of the early trash is probably in them, but at some point they simply just dumped it over the edge of the hill, and burned it, heavy bottles would have rolled while the smaller flat meds stay put, ive found 1890s layers beneath 30s and 40s only 10 inches thick super compacted with lots of intact bottles, weird for some reason the 30tys and 40s layers are much larger also i always seem to find the older stuff at the top of the hill but deep mike

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike and warren, thanks for looking and your information on the age of the house. i hope to go back tomorow, i mean later to today. thanks so much, rhona

dollarbill

Reaction score
hey rhona nice finds . an ya never know the age of a house there are still log cabian around here that you would never guess were people back in the day covered them with dutch lap siding . the stone work looks to be at least a 100 though. i say digger up uh .good luck diggen .bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete