New Member... and Digger!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I'm new to this board, and just got into digging bottles over the past couple of months. Everything I have is out of an old dump site up the street from my house...
I've collected native american artifacts for years, and I always come across old house sites while searching. After finding many broken shards, and some bottles that I didn't keep, I decided to do a little research. I quickly discovered that searching for old glass, and other goodies, is about as addictive as artifact hunting!!! I figured I'd share some of my finds and try to learn a little about what all I've got...
Here's a small part of what I've dug up over the past few months

Pn36130.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36130.jpg
    Pn36130.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 66

madman

Reaction score
wow some nice finds there!!! looks like an early 1900s dump! those cokes are making me drool! as well as the pharmacy bottles, whats the green soda bottle on the left??? happy digging mike

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Madman, that green one is unmarked. It's identical to the straight sided cokes next to it, except the base has some kick up... Could be a soda/mineral water bottle??? The dump I'm digging in is a turn of the century site. There are alot of early 1900's, and some late 1800's mixed into the layers... At some time within the past 50-60 years, a building had been built on it, and later torn down, so there is no rhyme or reason to the layers. Some are intact, and others have been flipped over and upside down? I've dug earlier stuff out of the top foot, and amber cokes five feet down??? Won't be long and another building will be standing back on top of it all, sealing it off for future diggers... Chris Capley

bubbas dad

Reaction score
lexdigger
looks like you have the start of a great collection. those amber cokes are great. how about a picture of some.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey John, here's a 12 pack of em! All together I've dug 15, but I traded some of them off. I've got mostly Lexington Ky., but I also have a Chattanooga Tenn. Only a few of them are perfect without any chips or cracks. They have Coca Cola embossed towards the base on the front, and the city and state on the back. Most say Root on the bottom... Chris Capley

Om34399.jpg

Attachments

• Om34399.jpg
    Om34399.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 64

lexdigger

Reaction score
Here's a look at one backlit by the sun... C.C.

Zw69703.jpg

Attachments

• Zw69703.jpg
    Zw69703.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 56

madman

Reaction score
dang those cokes are so nice!!!!!!!! if it were me id dig that site dry!!!!! thanks for sharing mike ps the root on the base stands for the root glass co. terre haute indiana 1901- 1932

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Madman, I like em too! They're not all Perfect, but good enough for my collection. I traded several of them to another bottle digger. I got a historic flask for four of them!!! Also traded some of the worse ones (cracks) for some nice embossed medicines... I kept a six pack for myself. I'm sure I'll dig more up down there... the site is Loaded with glass. I've got about 20 hours worth of digging in down there and have pulled out about 220 bottles altogether!!! I'll post some more pics tonight. Chris Capley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.