New Member... and Digger!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
chris, if the layers are mixed up its been disturbed several guys digging in lexington back in the seventies ino i was one of them we used to have a dump down there where u could go and dig amber cokes all day back then the commons were bringing about 10-15 bucks a piece not anymore partner check ebay sometime for amber cokes usee we didnt have ebay then hell we were looking for the pontil pits back then thats where the money was u can make money nowadays in the turnofthecentury dumps if ur digging that many ambers maybe u should chech out a tumbler for those stained ones great job buddy whosyer !!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Whosyer, I'm not sure what's going on there? I don't think it was previous diggers though because the building they tore down stood there for about 50 years. Plus, all the crocks, whiskey jugs, and others I don't think diggers would have left!!! There's been some bitters, Alot of med's and pharmacies, and sodas. There is an old (1950's) drain pipe that runs right down the middle of the dump into the city sewer system. I believe the layers got disturbed when the building was built and the pipes were put in. Around that pipe you'll find 1950's abm screw cap bottles and stuff, but when you get down into the layers below it is a undisturbed stratosphere... Send me an email sometime with a phone number, I'd like to talk with someone who knows our local bottles... Chris Capley

lexdigger

Reaction score
No problem John. That's just a drop in the bucket! I've dug over 200 bottles the past few months. I've got alot of patent meds, sodas, pharmacies, and even a couple of bitters. Haven't even dug my first privy and I've got a historic flask (trades some cokes for it)... I'll post more pics later... Chris Capley

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583