New Member - and interesting find?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Rockhound97058

Reaction score
Greetings all... Nice forum layout the site has. I have to admit my heart and passion is rock collecting, however this evening I was out metal detecting and looking for stone (in my own back yard) and underneath about a foot of debri in the flower bed I came across a complete undamaged bottle.

I have searched the Internet and find lots of information, however I found nothing which matches the bottle I collected. The bottle I came across is Kickapoo Joy Juice. Researching the new it says this started in 1965 and all the bottles I see are all painted lables? The bottle I have I guess is what you call a embossed bottle? I cannot find anything on the Internet which even comes close to the looks of this bottle.

The bottle itself has a texture encasing the entire bottle and anywhere the logo or wording is raised it's a smooth glass. The bottle is green and has two well visible lines from the molding of the bottle. The neck of the bottle has a smaller logo, underneath it has NO DEPOSIT in large font (opposite side says NO RETURN), below that it has 10 fl oz, then below that is a large logo, followed by THE ORIGINAL DOGPATCH RECIPE.

The bottom of the bottle says - not to be refilled - 18860-CK 2? 1(with a circle around it) 6.

I'm curious about the date of this bottle and of course what a value is? I've noticed a few other bottles along with this burried in the flowerbeds, but they were broke to pieces. I'll get a photo of it as quick as I can.... My camera is actually at my shop and not here at the house.

Thanks much!

Jason

TJSJHART

Reaction score
welcome to the forum , it's throw away or NDNR i found others on line that are acl's about the same date , that are valued about $10. but nothing about a NDNR . and you are right a pic. would help. and sorry but you've been bitten by the bottle bug your'e hooked. welcome again to the forum.

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
I started out a rockhound in 1963, and along the way was drawn to collecting everything found in the field.I still rockhunt, prospect and lay claim, and suspect that when I'm all by my lonesome (the time is drawing nigh) I'll finish my life a-wandering the wilds. You are not far from my stomps; maybe we can get together and share a chew.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

I started out a rockhound in 1963, and along the way was drawn to collecting everything found in the field.I still rockhunt, prospect and lay claim, and suspect that when I'm all by my lonesome (the time is drawing nigh)  I'll finish my life a-wandering the wilds. You are not far from my stomps; maybe we can get together and share a chew.

Id like to share a chew wit ya Cord.Red Man plug ok? Got a spittoon?

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cordilleran

Rick:

Meet you halfway in Fargo, North Dakota. Red Man, Red Star,  Brown's Mule cut plug, any'll do. Just don't bring any Garrett snuff.
GARRETT SNUF![:'(] BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF HAVEING TO KISS GRAND MA AND THE STUFF WAS RUNNING DOWN HER CHEEKS! AS A LITTLE BOY I WOULD RUN TO HER RIGHT OFF,CLOSE MY EYES AND GET IT OVER WITH! HAPPY ROCK HUNTING YALL![&:] JAMIE

cordilleran

Reaction score
Somewhere in the Great American Southwest
Glass Man:

I'm dipping right now as I write this missive. Damn, it's not running down my cheek in keeping with my ignorant, pedestrian American lovin', communist hatin', God-fearin', freedom lovin', self-determinatin', unschooled, untraveled, and hermetically sealed existence. So much for stereotypes.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
sounds like a good find. try and post a picture. the ndnr bottles usually go for around $10 depending on condition, although there are exceptions. the ndnr bottles were mainly used in the 60"s and early 70's.

Rockhound97058

Reaction score
Ok Here's several pictures in hopes it'll spark a true identity of the bottle. Appreciate the feedback you folks did.... However I have to admit I'm bottle stupid, and have no idea what your terms mean LOL - Such as NDNR?

Anyrate - cordilleran

Heck yeah Walla Walla isn't too overly far... I'm down in The Dalles, Oregon. Few hour drive, but not bad.

Enjoy the pictures!

005-10.jpg

006-11.jpg

007-12.jpg

008-12.jpg

009-14.jpg

010-15.jpg

011-11.jpg

012-8.jpg

013-8.jpg

Thanks much!

Jason

TJSJHART

Reaction score
sorry about that jason, No Deposit No Return i've got about 15 of them...but there are a few who's collection dwarf mine. i've never seen a kicka po joy juice.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles