New South Brewery and Ice

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jejbottles

Reaction score
I have a bottle that says, "THE NEW SOUTH BREWERY & ICE CO" in block letters on the front shoulder. The opposite side of the bottle has, "MIDDLESBORO, KY Incoporated" embossed in block letters on the shoulder. The bottle is a light green color and is 9 and 3/8 inches tall. The seam on the bottle goes all the way to the top and there is a seam around the bottle below the lip. The bottle has a small "4" embossed on the base. If anyone could tell me any information about the bottle such as age, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

whiskeyman

Reaction score
The earliest bottles from this brewery are blob tops that used a Baltimorre Loop Seal closure.
Next was the applied crown closure and then the machine crown. The blob tops & applied crowns had a woman standing upon a rocky knoll with a sunburst behind her...all embossed within a slug circle.
These bottles date from about 1890-1910. The applied crown occur in aqua and in two shapes: a cylindrical shape and a tapered shape. I have only seen the blob in amber, cylindrical.
Your bottle is a later machine made variation dating from about 1910-1916...the era before Prohibition. the brewery shut down during Prohibition and never reopened.

dab46

Reaction score
I have a 11 1/2 inch amber , applied crown, with woman sunburst embossed in slug plate. anyone interested?

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
I have a 11 1/2 inch amber , applied crown, with woman sunburst embossed in slug plate. anyone interested?
I'd be interested. Message or email me the details. Is it chipped or cracked? My email is in my signature below or you can text me at the number listed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen