New to FloridaRecycled's collection:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woody

Very nice, Tinna.

I'm in Orlando right now visiting with my daughter this week.
I'm flying back to New Hampshire tomorrow and I hope that Hurricane Danny won't be a factor in my getting back home.[&:]

Hope you enjoyed the "hot" and rainy days we've had this week...it's not too bad as long as you keep an eye out for the lightning strikes! That's the worst part...I am terrified of the lightning!

I do hope that you had a wonderful visit with your daughter! ...and you should be OK going home...Danny hasn't officially turned in to a hurricane (only a tropical storm)...but by the time you get home you'll probably get some rain from him there! ....we're on the watch now for "Erika" - if you want to be a weatherman (or woman) when you grow up - move to Florida - we make you earn your money during hurricane season!

Did your daughter catch the "bottle" bug? I'm gonna be looking for a digging partner once the weather cools here a bit!

Have a very safe trip home!

Tinna

woody

Reaction score
She went digging with me when she was younger, Tinna.
Yes, the weather has been in the lowers 90's all week with some thundershowers in the afternoon.
I was at Universal studios wed. and they shut down the rollercoaster rides in the afternoon because of the lightning.
I went on the Hulk rollercoaster and Dueling dragons. That was an experience I never quite had before...LOL.
I had a great week with my daughter and hope to come back next year, again.

16E1159995D4483DB6FB664828A95857.jpg

Attachments

• 16E1159995D4483DB6FB664828A95857.jpg
    16E1159995D4483DB6FB664828A95857.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 64

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
It sounds like you had a great time! Universal (and the other parks too) are always a lot of fun! Did you get a chance to go to Downtown Disney? Living here as long as I have - I only recently went there for the first time (took one of my grandson's to see Legoland store they have there) - and I was like OMG...I'll definitely be going back...there is no admission...and tons of shops/activities/sites to see...if you didn't get a chance this time...there is always next year!

That is a great picture - thanks for sharing it!

Tinna

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Nice bottles Tinna.[:)] Woody, Nice picture of you and your wife.Glad you had a good time.We want to bring our girls down one more time before they hit the 'terrible teens". It`ll have to be next year. Man, time sure does fly![8|]

RedGinger

Reaction score
It's fun to see someone in the early stages of bottle collecting and digging. I like those bottes you found. You're catching on faster than I did. I started out digging by myself, Tinna. Just get out there and do it. It's hard to make a mistake. Take it slowly and just get a feel for it. You can always go back and dig more. Don't sell yourself short to the person letting you dig. Act like you've seen it all before[:D] Take the camera with you and dig deep.

woody

Reaction score
We went to Disney the last time we were down here, Tinna.
I've been to the Disney here in Orlando, the one in California & the one in Tokyo, Japan.
Lobey, I've never been on a violent/high speed rollercoaster ride before and I tell you it's quite an experience.
Not for the faint of heart. Yeah, the weather down here is alot more draining than in New England. I suppose you have to get aclimated to it to appreciate it. I'll probably freeze when I get back home.

capsoda

Reaction score
Pull that shirt down Woody and get rid of the socks and you could pass for local.... I went to all the t-traps when I was stationed down there. Also during the summer it rains almost every afternoon between 1 and 5pm. Have you experienced the variety of mosquitoes??? The giant buzzard sized ones don't bite as bad as the teeny black Spanish mosquitoes do.

And don't talk about the H word thingys. It is bad luck. I live about 8hrs away up at the very end of the panhandle unless I drive, then it is 5 or 6 hrs.

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Hi Tinna, very nice! Interesting lip on that one.. to answer your question, wicker does not make a bottle a demijohn.. demijohns are defined mainly by their large size, and use as storage or transport containers, rather than on the supper table.. how big is that one?

Obviously my eyes were bigger than my bottle LOL - with the measuring tape out it is just a tad under 17"...hardly the 20-22" I was thinking...so maybe this isn't a demi - just like a big wine/champagne type bottle???

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
QUESTION ABOUT THIS FIND????

Doing research yesterday I came across this link - and after checking out what I went there for I was scanning the page and I when I came to the "GINGER POT" section...the item shown under the E category of "Ultra Rare" looked an awful lot like something that I have at home! As soon as I got home...I found it and took some pics...I need your input to see if this is the same thing or not...I have a passion for ceramics as well - and picked this up just because I thought it was cool...but I think I may have actually stumbled upon something here...look at the link and look at my pics...and you tell me!!!!!!

http://www.antiquebottles.co.za/Rarity.htm

7C47E424B3D14AFC8AEEFB8327FA3897.jpg

Attachments

• 7C47E424B3D14AFC8AEEFB8327FA3897.jpg
    7C47E424B3D14AFC8AEEFB8327FA3897.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 72

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member