New to FloridaRecycled's collection:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BarbaraInCalif

Reaction score
You know Tinna, I always wonder when a question doesn't receive a reply if it is because no one knows or no one cares!
Your discovery about the possible rarity of the ginger jar is very very exciting; they do look similar enough to be same jar.
Hope someone is able to answer your question...it just won't be me...but I care!

Barbara

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Hello Tinna, I wish I could help, but don`t know about either of your items.I would call the bottle a flask, but not sure about age.They are both nice additions to your collection. Nice to hear from you. Tom[:)]

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Tinna, I would have to say they are different. The flower pattern is different and the shoulders on yours is more square then the one in the link. The cover also doesn't look right. Is it missing its glaze?

Rocky

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Barbara - Thanks for your response...I appreciate it and I am excited...I am going to email pics to that website and see what they say? I will definitely report back what I find!

Tom - It's good to hear from you too! I hope all is going well! I didn't know if the embossing would be a give away on the bottle/flask or not...I wonder if it was decorative or what type of contents it held? With the little crosses I guess I was hoping a poison or something since I don't have any...just wasn't sure...

Rocky - Hope you're feeling better (I guess the vinegar wasn't as big a hit for you as it was for me? I just hope you have found some relief so you can get to digging soon!).... It's a six sided jar and each side has a different pic on it...mine is like the one on the website...I guess I should have taken the pic of that same side...I didn't even think about it...I was concerned because there is no glaze on my lid at all (even though there's only a smidge on the other)...but there is a motiff in the top...I'm going to send pics to the website tomorrow and will let everyone know asap!

Thanks....

FloridaRecycled

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I emailed my pics to that website - ran by Rod Comer - as soon as I hear back I will let you know...I am very optimistic...and will report back one way or the other...[:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaExplorer11