New to hobby digging Post 1900s trash dump on family property.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DKHJ

Reaction score
Clorox bottle dated to 41 or 42 Coca Cola bottle 'Boston Mass' 33C41 Bottle Pat D-105529 McCormick's Iron Glue about 3.75inch Listerine Lambert Pharmacal Co. Base inscribed 10 'diamond shape' 45. About 3.75inch Small bottle 3.75 inch 6 panel, base inscribed L&F Prod Corp. Made in USA. And a very blurry number may be 11.5009.17 Lake Shore Honey, square bottle with honeycomb design on sides. Gtrrn 8in bottle only writing on bottom of bottleClicquot Club Trademark numbers 2 and 9 at 8 and 9 oclock on base, triangle at 4 oclock with blurry char inside

DKHJ

Reaction score
4.75in tall x 1.25in wide base x .5in wide top bottle. 4 panels, holds 1 ounce of water. Base inscribed 'Des Pat 131081' Numbers are blurry, may be incorrect. Looks like it contained item where you only needed a minute amount at a time.

DKHJ

Reaction score
Sorry don't have camera at the moment, hope descriptions will work for now. If you do a Google Image search for 'vintage square bottle JJ' it is first picture shown, bottle with raised ridges on two sides. Think it is a Johnson & Johnson baby type item, perhaps baby oil? Pinhole opening at top.

DKHJ

Reaction score
Have the top of what I believe is a milk bottle. What is odd is the glass has a distinct pink tinge. Did milk bottles come in that color? Have saved all the pink glass I've come across. Most of the pink glass is very thick and heavy.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Like this?
A lot of older bottles will turn a different shade when exposed to radiation-- naturally, this is done by the sun and is known as "sun-purpling." Given more exposure, it'll become more purple.
You can artificially make them violet.
Many bottles start out as flint, aka clear, and radiation messes with the de-colorizing agents in the glass-- like magnesium. So, what was once used to make bottles clear will ultimately make them non-clear.
This bottle here is from about 1910.

Attachments

• 974f10479d7c400f86cd1bd0a48bda67.jpg
    974f10479d7c400f86cd1bd0a48bda67.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 73

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
DKHJ said:
Sorry don't have camera at the moment, hope descriptions will work for now. If you do a Google Image search for 'vintage square bottle JJ' it is first picture shown, bottle with raised ridges on two sides. Think it is a Johnson & Johnson baby type item, perhaps baby oil? Pinhole opening at top.
Yup, from the 30's or 40's. I think they changed to the waisted shape in the 50's

DKHJ

Reaction score
If you do an image search on the phrase. god bless america ww2 celluloid bracelet I found the letter 'A' for that bracelet. I collect Patriotic Jewelry and recognized it instantly. It might not be GBA, I've seen other examples that said USA, ARMY, NAVY, MARINES, AIR FORCE. Would be nice if I found the rest of the piece! I have found a few clothing buttons and 2 beads, would like to find more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973