Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

New To My Collection (been a long time)

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
While people were shoving and pushing each other over toilet paper today I went to an estate sale and got a nice pontiled 1850s Cincy ink and bought a lot of 15 antique pontiled marbles, don’t have all the marbles out right now to take photos of as they’re all packed up, but here’s a photo of a couple of them and the ink.
Walmarts shelves are so empty. It looks like the apocolypse. Marbles are amazing. Bottles beautiful. Thanks for the pictures.

photolith

Nov 4, 2019
Pittsburgh
Seeing as I’ll probably be broke soon because of this effing virus and will lose my job; I’ve gotten into marbles. As they are largely much much cheaper than bottles, but equally as beautiful. Although I think I got screwed on my last eBay purchase. This marble was said to be an antique German swirl. Now from my limited antique marble knowledge, I am to believe that any pre machine made marble should have a pontil scar on it and some surface damage from the marble being used during games. This marble I got in the mail today is beautiful but in no way do I think it’s an antique. I think it’s mostly likely a 20 year old or newer but still hand made marble. No pontil scar or wear. Although I think some collectors do polish their marbles, I still don’t think this is an antique, but perhaps it is. It’s still beautiful but wish it were an actual 1800s marble; which it might be but I’m 90 percent positive it isn’t.

Attachments

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Thats a bummer if not legit. I have seen that pattern in old german marbles. I am no expert just an admire of marbles. I have a few big cats eyes.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rward1972