New to the Antique Bottles Community {and digging}

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have a lot of hand blown items the were not empontiled. I expect to start photographing next winter - many of my glass items to go with the descriptions for my Daughters job of selling dome of them. I have a bottle collecting neighbor that keeps pushing on me to write a book covering them I kon't think I could organize it well enough to do that. Oh well, time will tell. RED M.

Johnnysoda

Reaction score
Dekuyper said:
If you don't mind me asking, I have recently found a glass 7-up bottle on the surface of my dump while taking a walk. I have researched and have an estimated range from the 1960s to the 1930s. The front has the 'Swimsuit Woman' and the back reads : [align=center]THE "Fresh Up" DRINK[/align][align=center]CONTAINS CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR, [/align][align=center]CITRIC ACID, LITHIA AND SODA CITRATES. [/align][align=center]FLAVOR DERIVED FROM LEMON AND LIME OILS.[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]YOU LIKE IT[/align][align=center]IT LIKES YOU[/align][align=center]___________[/align][align=center]CONTENTS 7 FL. OZ[/align][align=center]THIS TRADEMARKED BOTTLE MUST NOT [/align][align=center]BE USED FOR ANY OTHER DRINK.[/align][align=center] [/align][align=center]Is there anything else you can tell me about this bottle? I'm not concerned with prices.[/align][align=center]
t0gmfa.jpg
fel1lt.jpg
[/align]
This bottle is actually missing half of the label. Since you said it was in the top of a dump and the sun got to it, it faded away completely. I have many of these 7ups with the Swimsuit Girl on it with intact label. When these were made the red pigment was not very strong in the label and would fade away very easily, as a result people will claim that these "all white label 7ups" are very rare, but are indeed not and just look that way do to intense sunlight exposure. The red use to surround the "7up" part of the label as you see in many only 7up labels. Still a very nice bottle but they look even better with full label! :)
$_35.JPG

Dekuyper

Reaction score
Alright, thank you! I know it isn't exactly worth much, but it is the first ACL I had ever found and got pretty darn excited, haha.

Johnnysoda

Reaction score
I would be too! I have yet to go out and dig for my own bottles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH