New York: 18th Century Ship Found

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
Many of these early port cities such as New York, Boston, Portsmouth, and even San Francisco have expanded outward over the centuries. Look at some of the early maps and you will see how the cities have continued to extend out into the ocean. The great San Francisco dig took place where the old port was once located. There is a goldmine under those cities... you just can't get to it!

slag pile digger

Reaction score
I am an Ironworker (local 46) Manhattan and have been working at ground zero for almost 2 years. I am building Tower 4, located in the southeast corner of the "bathtub". The ship was found while excavating for towers 5&6. Go to www.wtc.com for pictures of the progress on the site. Photos on tower4, the freedom tower, and the memorial. Artists rendering of the final project as well as progress. They have some cool shots of while they were excavating the site and you can see where an glacier came through million of years ago carving through the bedrock that makes up manhattan. Spd

epackage

Reaction score
As a local union worker and some one who lost friends the day of the attack, and who lost friends because of the attack, nothing will ever be acceptible at any time. My brother Bobby was having morning break when the firat plane hit and him and his friends never thought it was gonna amount to what it did, he called me on my cell phone as the second plane hit the second tower and I wouldn't believe him. I left work and got into my van and first thing I heard was that the first tower collapsed, being a construction worker for 20 some years this seemed impossible, when I got home and saw that this was the case I became a zombie........ This is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind IMHO

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1