New York City vacation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

luckiest

Reaction score
Anyone on here live in NewYork? I'm going to be there for a week or 10 days and would like to dig a bit there. I live in Ontario and would like to add a few U.S. bottles to my shelf....

luckiest

Reaction score
I honestly don't know if there are any bottle diggers in New York City, Anyone heard of any?

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
sure there are great diggers in NYC, wish I could dig there.

http://www.themanhattanwelldiggers.com/triptych.html

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Just get off the bus and start asking passers by where you can dig up old bottles.. you'll get all kinds of help! It's a friendly sort of town.. [;)]

luckiest

Reaction score
Ha, I bet I could just convince someone to try bottle digging, I have friends there. I am hoping to find someone who will want to do some real digging though, the last few times I visited there, I had o.k. luck with 1880s areas, but with no proper tools I couldn't max those dumps out.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There are several Home Depot stores on the island.. if you don't want to bring your own kit.. have you considered diving the lake in central park? I bet that pond would produce.. !

luckiest

Reaction score
I think it would produce sickness or death.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
There's plenty of diggers in NYC. I'm not one of them, but you could easily find people to dig with. Most of the city diggers aren't on the forum for the most part, but I'm sure we all know guys like that. Good luck finding people!

TreasurDiggrNY

Reaction score
There's a spot in Brooklyn called bottle beach, not the oldest bottles but you can make a day of it and it's easy picking for some NY souvenirs. Best to go at low tide. We're supposed to have some rough surf the next couple of days so there may be some nice new keepers around.
http://kirstenrickert.com/?p=7456

You can also Google "Bottle beach Brooklyn" for some other links and photos.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Silly me, how could I forget Dead Horse Bay? If you're in the NY area, you can't afford not to go. Truly a mind bending place for a bottle collector. There's directions online somewhere, if you can't find them, I can give you them. You go in by the Ranger station near Floyd Bennet Airfield.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973