newbie help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flyer21

Reaction score
I live in N. Lower Michigan and walking my father-in-laws property I found a pile of old jars, bottles and rusty cans. My wife and I have kinda started to collect this older glassware. Any help dating or identifying these would be greatly appreciated. Sorry the pic is fuzzy. The blue one is a Phillips bottle, we know and the big round one says one quart so we're assuming a milk jar? If someone can help and give more info or need a better pic, just e-mail me at satchwell@gtlakes.com.
Thanks for any help, and we LOVE the site!!!

Zx71646.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71646.jpg
    Zx71646.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 57

whiskeyman

Reaction score
FLYER...Welcome to the Forum and the Hobby.
Looks like ya have some 30's to early 50's bottles...
ketchup, milk, the Phillips, a pickle jar, and I can't see the small amber one too well...guess it's a medicinal bottle...yer off to a good start.

Jim

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The big one is indeed a milk bottle. The tall, thin one is a likely a ketchup bottle. The larger jar was probably a food product, and the small brown one looks like a medicine or chemical bottle. These items are similar to some of the things I find at a 1930s-era dump in my area, so I would say that your finds date to the 1930s-40s. It is very possible that you will find more bottles at that site. There may even be older bottles buried under the surface. Good luck in your search. If you need help with identification of your new finds, there are a lot of good people here who will be glad to help. Jim

madman

Reaction score
hey guys i totaly agree with jim, thats a nice quart, id look for the dump!! dig it deep happy hunting mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib