Newbie - Sodas and Medicine (PIcs added)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Can you post pics of the Hutches & other Sodas? LEON.

elliott 123

Reaction score
There are a lot of them. All Alabama examples. Some are in as-dug condition. Others have been cleaned and exhibited. A few have had the embossed inscriptions enhanced with white paint pen. Here are just a few of them.
20230829_221654.jpg
20230829_221700.jpg
20230829_220751.jpg
20230829_220800.jpg

One of the as-dug ones I like. National Dope Co. Birmingham, Ala. This bottle must be returned.
20230829_220630.jpg

20230829_220644.jpg

elliott 123

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Can you post pics of the Hutches & other Sodas? LEON.
I should have said - thank you so much for the welcome. :)

Let me know if you'd like to see close ups of any of the ones I posted. I'll post pictures of more of them on an individual or group basis. There are several groups - bottles from the same company but different sizes and/or embossing. I'm enamored with the amber Ala-Cola. It's probably common and not at all valuable, but since I know next to nothing about bottles, I really like it. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think you have some nice Bottles. I especially like Hutch Bottles. I have about 300 of them from Michigan. I have that Smyly Hutch. I kinda like Alabama Bottles because my Mom & Dad & Sister live in Alabama. They live in Scottsboro in the north east part of State. I've been all around the State in past 30 Years, but mostly looking for Beer Can Dumps. Would like to go back down there & look for old Bottles & do some Privy digging down there. Lots of Coca Cola Hutch's come from the State of Alabama, not really alot because they are rare but what I meant was more different cities from Alabama then any other state. If you had any Coca Cola Hutch's those can worth a few $ thousand in good Shape. I'm still looking for any Scottsboro Coke Bottles or any bottle from Scottsboro. What part of State do you live? Looks like most of those found in a Dump? The Straight sided Coke (pre 1915) with Original Paper label a rare find. the bottle itself probably not to rare but finding one with original paper label rare, especially if found in a dump. Most of those you see like that will have a reproduction paper label added to bottle. Post more Pics if you like. THANKS, LEON.

Attachments

• CokeHutchswatermarked.JPG
    CokeHutchswatermarked.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 74

elliott 123

Reaction score
I think you have some nice Bottles. I especially like Hutch Bottles. I have about 300 of them from Michigan. I have that Smyly Hutch. I kinda like Alabama Bottles because my Mom & Dad & Sister live in Alabama. They live in Scottsboro in the north east part of State. I've been all around the State in past 30 Years, but mostly looking for Beer Can Dumps. Would like to go back down there & look for old Bottles & do some Privy digging down there. Lots of Coca Cola Hutch's come from the State of Alabama, not really alot because they are rare but what I meant was more different cities from Alabama then any other state. If you had any Coca Cola Hutch's those can worth a few $ thousand in good Shape. I'm still looking for any Scottsboro Coke Bottles or any bottle from Scottsboro. What part of State do you live?
Thanks. I only took pictures of a few. I'll post some more individually that I'd like to know more about. I live in NE also. Not quite as NE as Scottsboro though. There are a lot of places still untouched in AL. Probably more so than in some other states.
Looks like most of those found in a Dump?
Probably so, but I have no idea where they were found. They've been boxed up since the mid 1980's and haven't seen the light of day until I unwrapped them. There's a whole box I haven't unpacked yet that still have the dirt on them. "As-dug" condition, dirt and all. :)
The Straight sided Coke (pre 1915) with Original Paper label a rare find. the bottle itself probably not to rare but finding one with original paper label rare, especially if found in a dump.
Is there a way I would I know if it or any of the others was found in a dump? I was sick when I opened one box and found a bottle broken. It was wrapped but must've had another box on top of it. It was a Tu-ber-ku Cough Mixture Selma Al. :(

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Nice bottles and a nice smile too! (K. Collins on CNN is proud we're sure.) Welcome to our online community. :)

Hezezilla

Reaction score
I watch a Youtuber by the name of Adventure Archeology. He's based out of Birmingham I believe so he comes up with a lot of the same bottles you have. I would try find his Facebook account and ask him for info on what you got. Personally, I find this to be a properly impressive collection.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen