NEWEST MEMBER - VERY EXCITED

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
I am a new member to this site and I just wanted to say this is definitely the most informative and interesting site I have found out there. I have become addicted with bottle collecting over the past year. I hope to figure out the picture uploading process and send some pictures of the bottles I have found. Keep up the good work, happy hunting.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum !
May I ask your age ? Just out of curiosity....I have heard several people claim that there are no new young people joining the Bottle Collecting hobby. So that's why I asked your age ..... 20+ , 30+ , 40+ , ect.
Brian

Ryan

Reaction score
And I'm an old fogey at 26...

[;)]

IRISH

Reaction score
I'm 26 too, it's great to see younger people in the hobby, can't let the old fogeys have all the fun by themselves [:D] .

PS, welcome to the forum 1VDKHQ [;)] .

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Great to see some young people in the hobby ! I was young when I started in the hobbya long time ago. I noticed at a lot of the Bottle Shows that I attend....not many young people. Just a lot of us old fogeys !!!!
I was curious if there was any new blood entering the hobby .
Brian

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
Hello Again,

I think I have figured out the upload process. My camera is not the greatest. I am 34 yrs old but have just been struck by the bottle bug about a year ago. I dive for the NY State Police and came across some old bottles while training up in the St Lawrence River last year. Since then everytime I'm under the water I am hoping to find something old. I've been some what successful too. I am curious about the history behind the bottles. It is pretty cool to think that someone made these and drank from these bottles over 100 years ago. This first bottle is three piece mold with an applied top and it is green glass. On the bottom it has the letters S B G. Just wondering if any one knows who made it and how old it may be. Hopefully the picture comes up.

Bz77767.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter